DIY Camera Mount Test again.... ha ha ha

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, there all.
For the month of experiments, finally, I got some good result with my diy camera mount.
Frankly, it is really hard to find best spot for the camera on thr FZ6.
I tried many different places and materials, and failed all for the month of efforts.
Finally, at the last weekend, I got some satisfactoy results.
For the high speed vibration, and for the low speed bumps, most of them are now reduced enormously....
I'm very happy with it.
Still need some fine tuning though.
I rode test on the PCH Malibu and Mulholand Hwy. at the Santa Monica Canyon.
All are about an hour of video clips... ha ha ha.
Let met put couple of clips here.

There are none with expensive buy-out products,
but only with my Point-and-Shot small camera, PVC Pipes, and some metal plates...and etc...

At this clip, you can see how my mount works well at about starting at 3-4 min.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnfpkn8i26I]YouTube - PCH Malibu C 2009 08 23[/ame]

At here, some high speed results
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmhs31P5uG0]YouTube - PCH Malibu D 2009 08 23[/ame]

Some curved road (rough and slow speed) riding results here.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsFwlITsU4]YouTube - Mulholland Hwy Malibu A 2009 08 23[/ame]

If you want to see all the beauties of sceneries on the PCH Malibu Road and Mulholand Hwy.,
you could follow the links by clicking the clip window....

Thanks

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
So let's see a picture of your camera mount!!!

Hi, there.
Let me put photos soon when the sun-lights are on..
But, don't expect any fancy looking stuffs.. sorry.
It's rough/draft version and looks really ugggly. (looks like Toy ^^;) and need to finish out later on.
Had to implement one by one without planning >> to solve problems one by one... ha ha ha

BTW, after many faiure, I got some lessons.
To reduce high rpm vibration, I had to use bike's body frame which is the RIGHT spots on my experience.
And should be as steday as bike's frame holds. (guess where I used for the Front Rider's View Point..???)
To reduce low rmp bumpy, it need some cushion(shock-absober) ...
>> that was dilema for me.

I searched all the Internet, some good ones, but not for the Motorcycle Cam Mounting....
Anyway, let me put some photos or drawing about it.

Thanks

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good :thumbup: I have two cameras that are very sensitive to vibration and haven't had success getting them to work reliably on the FZ. I'm curious to see what solutions you've come up with.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the photos and some note about it...
It does not look elegant nor practical.... BUT it works.. ha ha ha

Photos album link (Google Picasa Web Album)
Picasa Web Albums - BusyWeb - 2009_08_25

And direct photo links.
First photo setup works very well, and try to use it if you don't want to mess bike... ha ha ha

P8250541.jpg

P8250545.jpg

P8250546.jpg

P8250547.jpg

P8250554.jpg

P8250555.jpg

Thanks....

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that is quite an elaborate set-up. You need to change your SN to MacGuyver, haha!

While I agree it's not the most elegant setup around, I expect nothing more from a prototype. You definitely put some thought into it and your efforts to kill the vibration seem to work pretty well.

The mirror-stalk location is definitely one of the most stable on the bike, and your mount has both the mass to fight the high freq stuff and the padding to smooth out the big stuff. Props to you!! :thumbup:

I've spent hours trying to incorporate different kinds of rubber, mashed up ear plugs, and other remedies into the mounts I've accumulated... thanks for posting this to help inspire some more experimentation. :D

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Kudos for taking it this far... I did the old $5.00 camera mount but figured it wasn't worth takign it further because at some point the DIY method will take more time and effort than just buying a professional mount or a go-pro camera.

Blackblood

OMG Wheelies!
Reaction score
www.quayvipersmcc.com
Wow :thumbup: It looks like some sort of mobile gatso camera,paint it yellow and wear a hi-viz vest over your bike gear (ATGATT) (joking,police impersonation is prosecutable)

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Any of you MacGuyver's need machining for your creations give me a call, I don't work for free but not anywhere near what a machine shop would charge. I have a mill and lathe in the garage and if it's real tricky I do proto CNC machining at work:D

Jerry