Disco down but not out and all good!

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
basically A MNR 7/17

got separated from the group , shadow 78's damn mv would not shift so i stopped to help him but no luck,he left and so i went on after the group
another rider,reggie let trepidicous know the group was 2 down and came back looking for me
he saw me coming and turned around
got to a set of lights and went left as i knew where ( or though i knew ) where they would have stopped, as the light went green i saw the group ahead at the shops, BUGGA !
ok so i take off up armadale rd at speed limit as no rush as i knew there was a right turn further up so i went to do a U turn basically
bloody bike hits some sand and i low side sad.gif
be lucky if i was doing 30kmhr if that

reggie all teh while had caught up and was behind me saw me go down he moved left to avoid me and in so has hit same part of road and sand and had a low speed minor high sided sad.gif as he has slid past the sand and then tyre has griped and then flung him off sad.gif

both bikes are damaged mine seems worse than reggies wont know for sure untill tomoz

both of us are all good we where up straight away making sure each other was ok

cheers to beno who came and picked us both up and took us to freo hospital for a checkup, i have some tenderness in r/h shoulder and the rear of thigh lower rh but cheek

btw names are from ppl in at perthriders.com

bike has around 5k damage and all been authorised to be repaired :)
4-6 wait

got to love that part!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Far out.....dont you hate that, your riding the wheels off the bike, and no problem, slow down, take it easy.....and $hit happens...

Gladf your all ok, never nice to hear of a fellow rider having a spill, and glad your bike can be fixed...but as for the wait, that just sucks!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap on the roads:spank::(. My first ever off as a young fella was due to a dude unloading gravel from a trailer at the road side and leaving inches of the stuff on the road:spank:.

Hope your sore shoulder aint serious and hope the time flies by 'til you're back on your bike. Ditto for your mate:thumbup:.

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
ah bugger mate, i get my licence back this weekend.
Hope your ok.

i have heaps of spares if you need them. rear sets ect....

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you hit your head? Cause I couldn't understand half of your post :)

Glad you're ok though apparently lol

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok, thats a frustrating feeling trying to catch your riding crew and then crashing just sucks. Didnt really understand some of your refrences...... got the gist of the story though:thumbup: I liked the accent!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bad luck Frank. I hope you're ok.

If we're in Midland tomorrow and you're working, we'll pop in and say hi.

Hope you're not too long without a ride. She is a sweet looking bike.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, not good to hear Disco, hope the injuries heal and the bike is fixed sooner then the 4-6 weeks.

As for the language.. It must be a Perth thing, I had trouble reading it myself...lmao.

:rockon:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Aussie and I barely understood it, maybe not enough beer? From what I could translate he came off on sand and damaged his bike, going to cost alot to repair?
Where you actually doing a U-turn when you hit the sand and came off, or did you just come off because there was sand on the road. Should probably contact council in the area about it since it sounds pretty dangerous (assuming you where in a town).

Good lesson to be learnt about being observant of your road surface! Hope your bikes get repaired soon, and your both fighting fit in no time!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, sand is a daily hazard in Perth. We don't have soil here but sand is everywhere. When you build a new house, it's basically a sand pit with a house on it.

If only it was just at the beach.....

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Esplanade is our summer sand pit. Although, when they work on the foreshore in front of Glenelg, it gets horribly sandy all through the place.:(

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
If sand is a common hazard people should be riding with it in mind.
Really starting to get dissapointed to see riders constantly making excuses and not taking responsibility, if you want to end up dead thats great, motorcycling requires a little bit more.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
Far out.....dont you hate that, your riding the wheels off the bike, and no problem, slow down, take it easy.....and $hit happens...

Gladf your all ok, never nice to hear of a fellow rider having a spill, and glad your bike can be fixed...but as for the wait, that just sucks!

lol not really riding the wheels off the bike at all just was a pretty nice paced ride!

and basicalyl when i had my 1st crash thats what i did slowed down on the way home and crashed! bah!

ah bugger mate, i get my licence back this weekend.
Hope your ok.

i have heaps of spares if you need them. rear sets ect....

cheers, but everything has been covered by insurance!
pretty happy about that

Did you hit your head? Cause I couldn't understand half of your post :)

Glad you're ok though apparently lol

bah bloody americans!

Unfortunately, sand is a daily hazard in Perth. We don't have soil here but sand is everywhere. When you build a new house, it's basically a sand pit with a house on it.

If only it was just at the beach.....

totally aggree

most of the roads are good just was a semi industrial area with heaps of construction work

cheers for the well wishes

now i think the bike is goign to have to go :( as i live at home folks are not happy, even though this was a very minor off
they kinda upset and worried as the last off i had in 06 nearly killed me..

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I am french :)

Hope you get to keep the bike... good luck with it... sometimes, listening to your old folks is no a bad idea either :)