Differences between FZ6r and FZ6?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't delved into it too far but i was wondering what the differences were between the fz6r and the fzr, ive heard that the r only puts out 65 hp and that you cant adjust the back suspension, but past that i havent found much, so here i am asking those who would know again :)
Thanks ahead of time!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes crank HP for the FZ6 is like 98 the FZ6R is less. Different frame. I think the frame is steel. Cast aluminum on the FZ6. A 160mm as opposed to 180mm tire on the fz6. Under the frame exhaust as opposed to undertail exhaust on the FZ6. I think the seat height is lower on the FZ6R and it also comes with more plastics and graphics. I think both bikes are great for what they're intended to be. So if your pocket book and requirements are satisfied by the FZ6R then get one

You can also search the specs and images of the two bikes....:D

Oh Yeah! :welcome:to the furum! :rockon:

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
i think the fz6r is going more for the ninja 650r category. i rode with a guy who had a fz6R although it has about 30HP less, it's still a smaller bike, lower ride, and a "smaller" ( thinner ) rear tire. It gets better gas, but it also has full fairings so it looks alot sportier, The bars are about the same, you sit up, it doesn't require you to "lay" down on the tank to drive. it redlines at like 12k rather than our ... i wanna say 14k? I wanna say insurance will be a bit higher because of the fairings, but i could be wrong. I rode it for about 10 miles, while my friend rode mine, and it's basically apples to oranges. if you want to tour, and ride 2 up alot, the fz6 has ALOT more power, and i feel the ride is better ( but im biased ) if you want to look sporty, and have a nicer looking the bike, id say the fz6R is in order, but basically it's up to you. i like the fz6 because people underestimate just how powerful and cumfy it really is, to get a bike that wants to be that but cant... i feel is silly ( JUST MY OPINION ) if you want to step back up into the fz6 category, have a look at that nice FZ8 :) hope what i said shed SOME light for you :) and be safe.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The main things have been covered.

The FZR appeals to those looking for that "crotch-rocket" look without breaking the bank. The FZ6 is cheaper on insurance, easier to maintain, much better for long distance touring.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a bunch for the info all, also nice link, i looked thru yamahas website going back and forth between the two trying to spot differences, didnt notice the comparison bit :thumbup:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was recently in the market for a new bike and was looking into the FZ6R so i did a lot of research on the differences between the two bikes I have my notes at home which have even more info on the difference I can post up later if your interested