Differences between 2005 and a 2008 FZ6

The color of the bikes has certainly someting to do with the heat...
The 2005 is blue with the silver frame while the S2 is a red one with a black frame. I am sure that the black frame absorbs more heat then the silver one.

Position of the exhaust pipe is the same on both bikes. I believe it simply burns hotter due to the cat...

I've had my 08 for a little over two years and put 16k miles on it and not once did I notice the seat being uncomfortably hot.

I've had my 08 for a little over two years and put 16k miles on it and not once did I notice the seat being uncomfortably hot.

Did your FZ6had the full fairing or just the top fairing because thats what makes the bike hotter...

It has the fairing but don't see how that could make the seat hot. I do have a corbin seat that may make a little difference.

7774866358_547859e845_z.jpg

Yes I see, you only have the top fairing...I believe its the lower fairing which makes the bike hotter as confirmed by other forum members...

I just put on the Powerbronze lower fairings on my FZ and I feel it is now hotter by my thigh/seat area on my right side. I don't mind the extra heat on my leg, I am more concerned with if the engine gets enough cooling.

Yes I see, you only have the top fairing...I believe its the lower fairing which makes the bike hotter as confirmed by other forum members...

I see, I guess that could funnel the heat to the rear hugger and up to the seat. Looks nice and the heat may be nice in the colder weather.

Back