Did my R6S fork mod and shinko raven tires

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed my R6s forks and front fender and installed shinko ravens went down one size in front to a 120/60zr17. Bike feels awsome smooth and no nose dive when braking. also turns much faster with the smaller tire. Tires got good reviews but we will see in the long run.:thumbup:

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
yes fz1 bars, R6 cam shafts and manual cam tensioner, +1 on front sprocket. bike is so much smoother and power band is real nice.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice. The R6S forks are the ticket.

What do you think of the motor with the R6 cams? I assume the cams are from an R6S.

Get some SS brakelines and HH pads, your new front end will thank you.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
they are lot smoother through the power band. yes 03-05 r6 or 06 up r6s are the same cams. i have adjustable sprockes but did not use them. after seeing the the torq was only 1.5ft/lbs I was worried they me move on there own. I seen it happen many times in cars. also they are not easy to get to.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
thats the main reason i bought a set o r6 cams as well but i have not yet fitted them. i was told i need to change the exhaust and must install a power commander. did you change the exhaust for this mod or yours where already there? did you install a power commander?

the forks are nice and must handle better than stock ones...someday maybe someday i ll swap to r6s forks

nice bike btw very clean with nice upgrades

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope i will like them. I bought the bike new in 2008 and just did some mods at first. This i did a lot forks cams exhaust seat and a top case and side bags

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
did you have to do any major modifications to get those forks to fit..is it as simple as pull the stock forks out and slide those in with stock trees?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is Sweet!

Q? I don't see the adapters on the fender bracket so is that a stock R6 fender and thats why you went to the smaller tire on the FZ rim?? Stock R6s springs???

Thanks in advance...