Did a track day on Monday

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, i did a track day on Monday with - Lean Angle Performance School and it was awesome! Last track day i had on the FZ was in the rain and i am happy to say that this one was sunny and 74 degrees!

Keira was nice enough to swing by and get a few pictures of me in the morning. I got more comfortable and better throughout the day, but she had things to do so this is what you all get :)

I once again fully recommend that everyrone do a track day as soon as they can. Also switch to SS braided brake lines (this is now my next mod)...

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5917.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! Gotta love a track day. Weekday ones are the best because no one is there and you have the track to yourself. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my onboard video of my last session of the day:
Anyone know how to embed this?

Login | Facebook

Gotta hang it on something like Screw Tube first then paste the linky dinky.

ST has silly assed limits on file size and length so I've has a difficult time getting track vids on it, as my vid editing software, well, sucks...

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good stuff,I really want to try that one day :thumbup:

Edit:I was going to say something stupid like...........Geeze ,you knocked over a lot of cones ,lol

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MAN! That is one scary track! No run off there, holeee cow! :eek:

What track is that?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Good stuff,I really want to try that one day :thumbup:

Edit:I was going to say something stupid like...........Geeze ,you knocked over a lot of cones ,lol

Mick, you and I have the same goofy sense of humor, because I was thinking the same thing!! Lots of cones down, maybe you will do better next time! :rof:
Actually, it looks like you had a great time. I can't see the video, but I hope you can get it uploaded so I can see it!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MAN! That is one scary track! No run off there, holeee cow! :eek:

What track is that?

it is the NHMS road course at Loudon. They used to run AMA there, but they won't do it anymore because of the lack of runoff. Loudon has a reputation of being one of the most challenging and dangerous tracks out ther.

and ANT it is the same track that they run nascar sprint cup series on, they just use the road course.

It is the light grey portion of the map below:

seating_website1.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW!!!! Looks like about twice as many turns as the one I did in September!! Can't wait to see the video!!

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man, I'm really going to start pissing my wife off when I try a track day. You've inspired me! So much for.... "really honey, think of the money we'll save on gas..."

Great pictures! Was preparing the bike difficult?

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks Awesome! I am sooooooo jealous!!!!

I like the leathers...How much did you pay?

I gotta get there some time in the near future.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!!! try to relax your arms a bit more next time, they look a bit stiff. Also, your lower body positioning looks good, but it seems your upper body is fighting it in trying to stay straight (1st pic)... try to exaggerate moving your shoulders and head towards the inside of the turn, and keep them as low as possible... that's actually my main focus for my track day as well :)

Cheers bro and thanks for sharing!

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I may as well be Green right now. I'm so envious everytime you guys post a track day post. :drool:

:rockon:

I have to find a track nearby me. Then I'd have to get acceptable track gear...sheesh, I need to win the lotto :)

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man, I'm really going to start pissing my wife off when I try a track day. You've inspired me! So much for.... "really honey, think of the money we'll save on gas..."

Great pictures! Was preparing the bike difficult?

Preparing the bike was very east, just take off ot tape over the directionals and mirrors, then tape over the headlights and tail light, they reccommend putting a clamp on the oil filter and switching antifreeze to straight water, but those are not required.

Looks Awesome! I am sooooooo jealous!!!!

I like the leathers...How much did you pay?

I gotta get there some time in the near future.

The Leathers were about $500 and i got them as a wedding gift, I have seen a lot of used leather suits lately for as little as $150. if you can get past the gross factor and can deal with them not being 100% pretty, then you can get a pretty good deal. I like my suit since the pants and jacket zip together so i can ride with just the jacket and put the pants on when i want them.

Awesome!!! try to relax your arms a bit more next time, they look a bit stiff. Also, your lower body positioning looks good, but it seems your upper body is fighting it in trying to stay straight (1st pic)... try to exaggerate moving your shoulders and head towards the inside of the turn, and keep them as low as possible... that's actually my main focus for my track day as well :)

Cheers bro and thanks for sharing!

I agree, i did work on that as the day went on, I could feel my arms and the instructors told me about my head. Unfortunately there is no proof of that as Keira was only there taking pictures for this session and the professional photographer's camera broke around lunch...

I may as well be Green right now. I'm so envious everytime you guys post a track day post. :drool:

:rockon:

I have to find a track nearby me. Then I'd have to get acceptable track gear...sheesh, I need to win the lotto :)

track days are worth every penny and thensome!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand :confused:... if you ask me it looks like a pretty bad track day... the stands are really empty

great pics!

track days are when private organizations rent out the track to run riding schools, it is not a competative event and there are no spectators.