Devil cans

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Just in case anyone is considering fitting a pair of these, I'd say yes! and yes!

IMHO, they look great (as you can see) and sound even better (which you can't see).

(Sorry neither the bike nor the cans are very clean...)

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im pretty much sold on these,just gotta raise some dough now.then prioritise between the cans or a big old aftermarket intercooler for the car....Oh how i hate the pain of desision making :confused:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good. :thumbup:
I have a set of Devil cans myself but ive ordered them since ive deployed so i havent had a chance to run them in person. But i know i am interested in removing the baffel. How had was it to do and is it possible to replace if you want?

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I don't attempt anything on the bike myself, so I'm not sure. My dealer did it when he fitted them, same time as he pdi'd the bike from new.

All I know is the baffles came fixed in, with a rivet, so I guess that had to be drilled out. When I first rode around with the baffles out, I thought "way too loud", so I thought I'd better find a way of securing them if I wanted them back in. A local fabrication shop did me a simple screw & nut fixing mechanism for a few ££. Only problem, hot or cold, the baffles were such a tight fit, I couldn't get the baffles in enough to line up with the screw holes.

So I thought b***er it, I'll just ride around with them out. Seems like me and everyone else has got used to the noise.

I concede not being able to insert/remove the baffles at will is not totally satisfactory - with akrapovics on my last R1, it was a cinch, and maybe with a bit of perseverance I could get these to work better - but I was dead set on the devil sound and that's what I've got, so I'm happy.

Last edited:

markgallagher

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I don't attempt anything on the bike myself, so I'm not sure. My dealer did it when he fitted them, same time as he pdi'd the bike from new.

All I know is the baffles came fixed in, with a rivet, so I guess that had to be drilled out. When I first rode around with the baffles out, I thought \"way too loud\", so I thought I'd better find a way of securing them if I wanted them back in. A local fabrication shop did me a simple screw & nut fixing mechanism for a few ££. Only problem, hot or cold, the baffles were such a tight fit, I couldn't get the baffles in enough to line up with the screw holes.

So I thought b***er it, I'll just ride around with them out. Seems like me and everyone else has got used to the noise.

I concede not being able to insert/remove the baffles at will is not totally satisfactory - with akrapovics on my last R1, it was a cinch, and maybe with a bit of perseverance I could get these to work better - but I was dead set on the devil sound and that's what I've got, so I'm happy.
I have had these for a couple of months now. After drilling out the rivet I decided to use two cotter pins to secure the DBKillers. Then you can simply remove the cotter pins with a needle nose pliers, and extract the DBkillers. This way you can run loud or quiet whenever you want and the cotter pins are easy to install and remove.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I tried drilling out the rivets, which proved to cost me 2 of my lesser drill bits and got me near nowhere. What I ended up doing was just taking a good flat blade screw driver and ended up popping the top of the rivets off, by just prying them off one side then the other, didn't take long less than a minute for each rivet. The rivets are a weaker metal than both the screw driver and the cans so no harm done, I put a piece of towel between the screwdriver and the cans to make sure. I'll try the cotter pins to remove and reinstall them. One of the DB killers came out real easy, the other was a bit of a pain in the ass. Hope this helps someone.