Detailed bike! Rims!

Tallan

Reaction score
Visit site
O.K., what do you use to keep your rims lookin new? Im a detail freak, I take pride in the - wow how sharp ur bike looks, looks like new! Specially the back rim, dirt, dust, everything seems to stick to it. Can I use Plexus to protect the paint of the rim as well as repell dust, dirt, and chain fling? It says it works on painted surfaces. Any suggestions is much appreciated!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally use chain lube mixed with brake dust, mud and every now and again it rains to make a fine polish out of the "smear" :BLAA:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I have washed my bike once this year!!! When you ride 25k+ a year (everyday) you tend to make excuses not to wash it. When I did wash it I used simple green, it actually worked great considering how much grime I had on the bike, just sprayed it on then rinsed it off and I was surprised how clean it got it with no scrubbing! Although I took my belly pan off and now I'm almost embarrassed about how nasty my headers are...
View attachment 44791View attachment 44792I wish I could say it was just a bad reflection...

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i've used chain cleaner on the rims, paraffin also works well

if you don't let them get too bad then a bit of soapy water also works

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Y'all really use wd? I'd be paranoid about run off and loosing it 1st turn same with tire shine!!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O.K., what do you use to keep your rims lookin new? Im a detail freak, I take pride in the - wow how sharp ur bike looks, looks like new! Specially the back rim, dirt, dust, everything seems to stick to it. Can I use Plexus to protect the paint of the rim as well as repell dust, dirt, and chain fling? It says it works on painted surfaces. Any suggestions is much appreciated!
You have way too much time on your hands my friend lol.
Speak to wolfman on how to buff the bike to a magazine finish.

I use the same formula as Chevy with a small bit of Cow slurry added to the mix.

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I use the same formula as Chevy with a small bit of Cow slurry added to the mix.

Neil
To funny, I was going to add that I used WD-40 as well but I didn't want to under play the "Chevy Shine". + 1 on using a rag.

Neil

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site

Neil

I like that!!! I'll have to try and find some of this cow slurry stuff and see how it works!!! :BLAA:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Neil

Like this:

DSC_5308.jpg

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a bit of WD-40 on a rag. Cleans them and leaves them looking nice and shiny. Works exceptionally well for black wheels.

Tallan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I love my FZ6 and this Forum! Im heading out on a long ride in the Idaho mountains right now, Im sure my bike (back rim) will be a mess to clean when I get back. I will try all suggestions and then choose what works best. Thanks Again!

Tallan

Reaction score
Visit site
To Nelly- I take pride in taking care of all my vehicles. Im a professional musician so when Im not playing/on tour Im riding and taking care of my rides! Music and Bikes! :rockon: