Decisive action

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: OMG. Unbelievable. Wanna hope he did something pretty serious. if that's just for a traffic infringement then Someones gotten a bit overzealous.:eek:
Cheers
Mike

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am all for it myself. The apathetic liberalization of our society and over enthusiastic pursuit of trying to be PC. Means that we think more about what happens to criminals than their victims.
Don't get me wrong, that type of stop should not be the first option. However if the Police are able to terminate a chase quickly they reduce the risk to the general public.

Nelly

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I am all for it myself. The apathetic liberalization of our society and over enthusiastic pursuit of trying to be PC. Means that we think more about what happens to criminals than their victims.
Nelly

I tend to agree. More rights for the victim than for the criminal!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
I am all against treating criminals like victims, and the overbearing nature of the PC culture around the world, but jebsus :eek:

In my book, that is assault with intent, assault with intent to kill or cause serious injury. If the rider died, it would have been murder.

Lock up the Policeman and throw away the key IMHO. That was plain stupid, and short of the rider being armed and on the run from killing 20 people or something, *nothing* could justify it. Sickening.

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, that type of stop should not be the first option. However if the Police are able to terminate a chase quickly they reduce the risk to the general public.

Nelly

I agree in part about stopping a chase early to reduce risk to other road users, but where do you draw the line? How do you know if someone is innocent or guilty?

35mph in a 30mph zone? Does this justify getting rammed by a Police Volvo?

The Police in the UK at least have a duty of care to both protect the public, but also protect the people they arrest or have in custody, and to treat people arrested and accused of a crime with dignity and protect them from undue harm.

I used to be a lawyer, and really can't think of any any legitimate instance where it would be right or proper for a Policeman in the UK to deliberately ram a suspect who is riding a motorcycle! We're not talking about a young car thief being sent on a free safari to Kenya... we are talking about a potential murder!

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
Unbelievable!! It appears they were deliberately trying to kill him! I hope he sued the PD. Why couldn't they just have tracked the bike by helicopter, or just followed at a safe distance until the bike ran out of gas or the rider ditched and ran, or used a spike strip to safely end his ride?

Thankfully, the rider appeared to be relatively unharmed - the cop/s got lucky this time IMO, they're only going to be out a few hundred thousand $$. If they'd killed or maimed him, the family would be getting millions.

Dave

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree in part about stopping a chase early to reduce risk to other road users, but where do you draw the line? How do you know if someone is innocent or guilty?

35mph in a 30mph zone? Does this justify getting rammed by a Police Volvo?

The Police in the UK at least have a duty of care to both protect the public, but also protect the people they arrest or have in custody, and to treat people arrested and accused of a crime with dignity and protect them from undue harm.

I used to be a lawyer, and really can't think of any any legitimate instance where it would be right or proper for a Policeman in the UK to deliberately ram a suspect who is riding a motorcycle! We're not talking about a young car thief being sent on a free safari to Kenya... we are talking about a potential murder!
We are not armed with all of the facts, who said he was just speeding?
I agree that it it is not the ideal way to stop a person.
Would you prefer it if they just let him go or shot him?

Nelly

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are not armed with all of the facts, who said he was just speeding?
I agree that it it is not the ideal way to stop a person.
Would you prefer it if they just let him go or shot him?

Nelly

Hence my 2nd question
Does anyone know what this guy did to get stopped like that?

I was hoping someone on the other side of the pond might have seen something on a news channel to shed some light on the subject.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hence my 2nd question

I was hoping someone on the other side of the pond might have seen something on a news channel to shed some light on the subject.
The original comments from You-tube don't enlighten us to what this person did.
Please don't get me wrong, I am not condoning mindless violence.

I do feel strongly that the Police have their hands tied by bureaucratic protocols which ultimately prevent them from doing their duty. Who are the people we rely on in an emergency to come to our aid? It is always so easy to condemn them for getting one thing wrong, we never stop to congratulate them. Society can't have it all ways.

It raises an interesting question though.

Nelly

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Clichés...

Two wrongs do not make a right,
You are guilty when you have been convicted.

(...of course he could have been an escaped mass murderer.:eek:)

W

wrightme43

He could of done something horrible.

He could of been Danny and mistaken for another rider that had done something horrible and had the bad luck to of been riding on a suspended lic and decided to run.

Cops arent allowed to head on cars are they? They arent allowed to head on motorcyclists either.
When the police begin to despense justice the law is just worthless. They become paid thugs no better than the criminals. Actually worse.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He could of done something horrible.

He could of been Danny and mistaken for another rider that had done something horrible and had the bad luck to of been riding on a suspended lic and decided to run.

Cops arent allowed to head on cars are they? They arent allowed to head on motorcyclists either.
When the police begin to despense justice the law is just worthless. They become paid thugs no better than the criminals. Actually worse.
That is the parody Steve, we all want the blanket of security that the law provides and yet we are all paranoid about the law becoming lawless.

Nelly

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not defending either side and my monitor at work is going so I can't see enough detail to tell for certain but first it looks like the cop car is going to make a turn down the street the straightens out then turns again into the bikers lane (or maybe he slammed on the breaks and lost control?) it also looks like the biker started to swing wide like he was maybe going to make the right turn.

Last edited:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
If you run from the cops in a car their protocol is generally to take you out if they feel you are endangering the public. They hit your car and disable it if the conditions allow, or use spike strips if possible. I'd say that if these cops felt as though the rider was endangering the public they did their job. As for the treatment post crash, he did get up and start stumbling away, they have no idea if he's armed, they acted to ensure their own safety.

We don't have the facts, can't make a judgment without them. It didn't look too nice, but we have no clue what the officers were reacting to.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
It was me in the video. The cop was pulling me over for having a headlight out.

I really need to do the dual headlight mod!!

Ok, sorry. Carry on with your normally scheduled conversation.
:spank:

Reaction score
Visit site
He evidently ran from the police. Bets are off when you do stupid things like evading arrest, but I don't agree with the action of the policeman unless the public was endangered some how. GRUMPY

Layne5150

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have to say the reason they did this is because..........he ran. Right at the end of the video you can hear them ask him why he ran and he said he had a bag of weed in his back pocket.

Google " Chris Rock how not to get your beat by the cops "
It is a cornucopia of useful information but may not be for the whole family or for those with sensitive ears. It's Chris Rock. He swears.