Decals/reflective stickers ideas for Black fZ6

raj_27

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I had a red one before (was a write off), i replaced with newer black one (very good deal cant say no).

Now it is looking bland to me. I ordered a rim tape (red of course) in the hope of making it look a bit better. I was after some ideas on how i can improve the look of the bike with decals or reflective tapes on tank and fairing etc.

Photos of Black fz6 (faired) with some decal/reflective things please. I am very bad at aesthetics but can copy someone else's idea.

Thanks

Ravi

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
I think someone was discussing some rim tape. It's definitely a cheap and nice upgrade, not to mention the safety aspect.

But what type of black touch up can I use on the rims? Mine are factory black, any suggestions prior to putting on the rim tape? (They are scuffed a bit in spots because the previous owner dumped it bad and tore up the front end.) It looks kinda glossy, any suggestions?

Also, thinking of sanding, polishing and painting the stock bar ends, maybe with airbrush? They are also scratched up from the dump. Any thoughts here?

Thanks.

Last edited:

raj_27

Reaction score
Visit site
Something like that looks very nice. Has anyone done on Black FZ6?

DSC_5938-L_zps7a2dee48.jpg

This looks good too

6169341554_a056274849_b_zps9c772e3b.jpg

Last edited:

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I girlied mine up a bit, but of course there are a lot of colors to chose from. I purchased my rim tape on ebay, but my swingarm decals and FZ6 decals on the front fairing came from the guy on this forum that makes them. (FAZR6)

On the rim tape I did the wet application, made it really easy. On the decals I did a dry application. If I remember right that is was FAZR6 recommends.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
You could always use black reflective tape [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00940QZVK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00940QZVK&linkCode=as2&tag=nivsolltd-21&linkId=M7Z46AUWRDQJPWLU"]3M Scotchlite Black Reflective Tape (1m x 40mm): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

Though personally I'd just keep it black with maybe black reflective rim tape :D

raj_27

Reaction score
Visit site
I have ordered a red reflective rim tape 6 mm. I started liking the race strip on the side tank look. I have seen few ebay seller selling them,but haven't found one i like. Search is on....

raj_27

Reaction score
Visit site
I girlied mine up a bit, but of course there are a lot of colors to chose from. I purchased my rim tape on ebay, but my swingarm decals and FZ6 decals on the front fairing came from the guy on this forum that makes them. (FAZR6)

On the rim tape I did the wet application, made it really easy. On the decals I did a dry application. If I remember right that is was FAZR6 recommends.

Thanks LFZ6,

I will pm FAZR6 to check what he is offering.

raj_27

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats nice one. Black and orange go well together. I am looking for red race stripes, strugling to find. May be i need to go to a local mob.