Decal removal

flyer34

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm thinking about removing the 'FZ6' graphic decals from the sides of the front fairing on my black '08. Has anybody done this? Any difficulties? Do you like how it looks without the decals?

Thanks!

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
No I havent done this. However if you hit it with a hair dryer & hot soapy water you should be fine.

Every bike looks good without decals :thumbup:

flyer34

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that thread has good info about removing several other stickers on the bike. I was hoping to find some good pictures of an 07-08, prefereably black, with the large graphic decals removed from the front fairing.

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Wait a day or two and I'll take a pic of mine. The side stickers just pull off. No special sprays, creams or tools needed.

E

exhaust

I have done mine and it is very easy to do. Let it sit in the sun alittle bit and just pull them off. I think they look much better with them off.
005-5.jpg

H

HavBlue

Whatever you do dont try to remove them with a razor blade......i have a scratch on my tank now.....:eek:

OUCH!!!!

I used Goof-off for the manufacturers data sticker on the right frame rail below the tank and the rest was taken off with a heat gun.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have done mine and it is very easy to do. Let it sit in the sun alittle bit and just pull them off. I think they look much better with them off.
005-5.jpg

I thought I didn't like the lower cowl but in your case this is one of the best FZ's I've seen. Black is sweet.

E

exhaust

Thanks. I was not crazy about it either. Thats why I bought the FZ because I liked seeing the motor. But the cowl is just small enought to cover a little bit of the engine and the bottom part of the exhaust. I think it is just the right size.