Dead high beam dashboard indicator

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody

When taking my 2008 naked FZ6 for a spin this past weekend I noticed the high beam led indicator is not working, but the light is

Any advice for checking/replacing it?

Regards.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I am also curious about this. Mine isn't dead but has a short in it somewhere. Occasionally after going over a bump the light will work properly until another bump. I never bothered to take the cluster apart to get in there to find it; I didn't want to risk it not sealing properly afterward since I ride in the rain fairly often.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
If you check for a single black/white(it's in a sleeve) wire on the throttle side of the steerer-tube,there's also a connector there.The wire has come away from the connector(my guess...it happened to me):thumbup:

Last edited:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you check for a single black/white(it's in a sleeve) wire on the throttle side of the steerer-tube,there's also a connector there.The wire has come away from the connector(my guess...it happened to me):thumbup:

Wow, there's actually a separate wire for that indicator? I wonder if the '06 and older bikes are the same. I'll have to take a peek tomorrow. Hmmmm.......

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Just had the time this weekend to deal with the problem, I also changed the main bulb for the wonderful Osram H4 all season, pretty nice light for every condition.

Exactly the same problem as you :D

The wire got away from the connector as well, exactly the one that comes from the controls cluster on the left, so I joined it again and it's working flawlessly again

Thanks a lot buddy:thumbup: