De-restrict FZ6 S2

BRUNO BOTELHO

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm new arround here and i would like to know some issues about how to de-restrict the FZ6 S2.
As you all know, the FZ6 S2 is limited in terms of horse power :(. So, how can i de-restrict the S2?:confused:
Anyone got pictures of how to do this?:confused:
Any guide lines? :confused:
Thank you all for your atention.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
eehhh the s2 is NOT restricted, the earlier version was. (at least, optional)
the only "restriction" is that its a differently tuned engine from an R6..

Joejoe1972

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm new arround here and i would like to know some issues about how to de-restrict the FZ6 S2.
As you all know, the FZ6 S2 is limited in terms of horse power :(. So, how can i de-restrict the S2?:confused:
Anyone got pictures of how to do this?:confused:
Any guide lines? :confused:
Thank you all for your atention.

In DK there are 2 versions:
Fz6 s2_ Not resctricted-> 98 hp 66Nm
Fz6 s_ Restricted-->78 hp. 57Nm

The restriction is placed on the thing(wheel) where the throttle cable is attached to on the throttle body.
On the restricted version there are an ekstra pin on the wheel, which ensures that the throttle only can be activated approx. 60% (can be checked in the Diag-mode).
Replace the wheel with one from an S2 or simple saw off the ekstra pin, mind the saw-chips.
*Puf* +20 hp/ 10 Nm.
I don´t know if it´s restricted the same way in other country´s.
Good luck- no waranty given;)

JimmyD

Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking at buying a 2008 FZ6 this week. Im in Norway and many of them are the 78hp (restricted) versions. Ive been riding for yonks so want all the power i can get from it.

So i bend the throttle stop pin out of the way right? and do i have to do anything through the diagnostic stings on the digital dash?

I thought i read something to that effect...as well as adding an earth lead to access the diagnostics menu...but now cant find the threads.

Can anyone clarify or point me in the right direction?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you also need to wire pin 2 from the ecu to ground. At least Yamaha says so. I bent the throttle stop away myself, and got my Yamaha dealer to add the wire just to be sure. Didn't feel any difference though!

I was surprised how much difference it makes, this bike deserves the full power.

Regards from Denmark ;-)

Thanks 12V.
Dont suppose anyone knows how to find the thread about this (adding the wire)? or any pics??

lrojasma

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you also need to wire pin 2 from the ecu to ground. At least Yamaha says so. I bent the throttle stop away myself, and got my Yamaha dealer to add the wire just to be sure. Didn't feel any difference though!

I was surprised how much difference it makes, this bike deserves the full power.

Regards from Denmark ;-)
This is the first time i heard about this.

In fact, pint 2 goes to nothing, so, it's kind of weird, where did you see this?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Changing the CO #'s is not what makes the difference between the lower and higher HPs..
Don't bother adjusting, it's just not needed and pre-set from the factory..

The throttle plate (that the throttle cable pulls on on the TB's) , for the lower HP, simply LIMITS
how far the throttle opens.

Cut / modify the plate to match the 98 HP plate and your done:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't ground any pin on the ECM/ECU unless it has been researched and is verifiable.
Not saying the info is wrong but verify before you fry!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the first time I have heard of this. In fact, pint 2 goes to nothing, so it's a bit strange, where did you see this? Look here something needs to be active when pin 2 is on negative, some sayed restrict on 5 and 6 gear
Converted post to english^^^

I don't understand the language in the post but it seems there is some explanation on grounding pin #2 at the ECU.

Coltczt

Reaction score
Visit site
Converted post to english^^^

I don't understand the language in the post but it seems there is some explanation on grounding pin #2 at the ECU.
Hi! Something that locks up the 5-6 gear restrictions. Same as you flash the ecu and take away fabric restrictions in throttle thats not open 100% its like 80% or something. I think inside the ecu open up it when you fix earth on pin 2 or something.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! Something that locks up the 5-6 gear restrictions. Same as you flash the ecu and take away fabric restrictions in throttle thats not open 100% its like 80% or something. I think inside the ecu open up it when you fix earth on pin 2 or something.
Thank you for your research. The person who brought this up originally had a problem with their account because of a vendor rule that the forum has that was being skirted by advertising.
Again any of these modifications should be verified especially with hard wiring any pin related to the ECU, The ECU is very expensive to replace.

Coltczt

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for your research. The person who brought this up originally had a problem with their account because of a vendor rule that the forum has that was being skirted by advertising.
Again any of these modifications should be verified especially with hard wiring any pin related to the ECU, The ECU is very expensive to replace.
Yes Absolutely iam not done the cable, dont want to burn ecu or something