dash swap

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed swapping S2 dash into S1 mentioned a couple of times on here. Can anyone show me where there is more information about wiring and that sort of thing. I've searched and hunted through the "how to" section without much success. I suspect there is a lot about it on here, as it sounds like a fairly common conversion, but I can't find it.

I would like to know which section of the loom is required from the donor so I don't have to hack up my loom.

I'd like to swap to the analogue tach, as the LED sections are difficult to see in bright sunlight. Not that I mind, but the engine might prefer me to change at 12 or 13, not on the limiter.

My plan B will build a shift light kit and install it somewhere.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a schematic for both? That would be a good start. I think only one wire was moved IIRC.

That said, I've seen the posts but there is little detail as to what all works in the end as far as diagnostic info of the digital information transmitted. Maybe it all works, but I am not certain! Look at the schematic, a bulk of the LEDs are direct feeds. I think its only the CEL and Over temp light that are digital dsta from the ecu... Need to look to be certain tho.

The FSM is kindly on the interwebs.... search for:
Yamaha_FZ6_2007_ALL_VERSIONS_Service_Manual

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, I didn't think to compare both wiring diagrams. I will take a look. I'll chase down a stat write off in Australia when I'm ready to do the swap.

It sounds like I should take a few photos and do a "how to" on the wiring and mounting of S2 dash.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently swapped my round speedo with a Fz1 speedo. Fz1 speedo is the same as S2 speedo, just the rev counter limit shows 13k, instead of 16k.

If you can buy a S2 headlight wiring harness, it will be plug & play.

I am very happy with the swap by the way, i recommend it.

kablo.jpg

Satilik-02.jpg