Dakar 2014

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess everyone is really looking forward to seeing how the Yamaha bike does this year against the KTM. I find it interesting that it isn't based on the WR enduro platform but I'm sure there are reasons for this...

Talking to the wife about actually heading down south in 2015 to see the action first-hand. Wish me luck with that.

We should keep this thread going though the race for updates. I will only be able to see highlights on YouTube unfortunately.:mad:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess everyone is really looking forward to seeing how the Yamaha bike does this year against the KTM. I find it interesting that it isn't based on the WR enduro platform but I'm sure there are reasons for this...
................................:

Sitting 6th, 11th and 15th so far. Pretty respectable.
Haven't been foloowing it close enough to see if it's the bikes or the riders which are really making a difference. Day 5 was over 320 MILES of some tough riding. These guys have to be in phenomenal shape. Saw some vids of the bikes clipping at over 170 kph....thats not on smooth asphalt either!!!!

These guys have incredible talent...and are absolutely fearless.

BTW just looking at some of the specs for the trucks.....pushing 900 plus HP!!! @2200rpm

Last edited: