d"oh!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was time to lube my chain last night, and she was very dirty, so I got off the bike, put her up on the centerstand, hosed her down, scrubbed her up, chamoised her to a spotless finish, then put the gear into Neutral, started her up, pulled in the clutch to drop it into first (I lube with the geartrain running, use the long red plastic tube to keep clear), but killed the engine when I shifted into 1st. :confused: I hadn't let the clutch out yet, maybe I didn't have it pulled in enough. Tried again, killed it again. Thinking my clutch cable was out of adjustment I fiddled with that for a bit, couldn't figure it out, and had to leave for a picnic so I thought I'd look at it with fresh eyes this morning.

Still died after shifting into first on the centerstand. Thought I'd take it off the centerstand, bounce and roll it around a bit, maybe something was stuck.

I looked down and noticed my sidestand was still down, too; which kills the engine!! :eek: :rolleyes: :spank:

D'Oh!!!!

Been there, done that..........Also couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start one day. I had the bike in neutral, clutch pulled in just in case, nothing! I started to panic before a friend pointed out the side stand was down. DUH - here's my card!

also been there done that.

It was one of the first times I rode my fz6.
I parked near a cafe where everybody was sitting outside on the terras.
When I was leaving, I put it in first gear and bang, engine cut of. After doing this 3 times, people where laughing, and I starting to sweat in my gear at +32°C

I called my dealer, and he told me: Maybe your side stand is still out.....

I could of hit myself in the head, but I didn't want to bash up my helmet, so I took off with red cheeks feeling like a total newbie for not knowing this :BLAA:

I installed centerstand yesterday, and while testing the setup, "killed" the engine in exactly the same way. I have a feeling this is a beginning of a long tradition for me. I wonder if i should make a little sticker for myself "check the sidestand, before you freak out" and put it onto the fairing or the tank.:spank:

Yup - done that one too.
Another one to watch for is the classic "kill switch in off position". Good times.....

Crazy to lube your chain while the bike is running no matter how long your tube is.........

ouch.jpg

also been there done that.

It was one of the first times I rode my fz6.
I parked near a cafe where everybody was sitting outside on the terras.
When I was leaving, I put it in first gear and bang, engine cut of. After doing this 3 times, people where laughing, and I starting to sweat in my gear at +32°C

I called my dealer, and he told me: Maybe your side stand is still out.....

I could of hit myself in the head, but I didn't want to bash up my helmet, so I took off with red cheeks feeling like a total newbie for not knowing this :BLAA:
Almost exactly the same scenario for me. Why is it that when you're in the spotlight you tend to botch it up? I must say I didn't have to call my dealer. Ouch. But I had plenty of input from my "friends" who are still beating me up about my D'OH! :Im With Stupid:

I've only been riding 50 years and I did just that last week!! - I'm soo glad it not just me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:
jwh20

Back