Custom Seat Builder

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking to upgrade the seat on my 04 FZ6,I have sat on Corbins look cool but very hard.I really like the look of the Top Saddlery seat but it is a mail order seat and I was worried how it would feel and if it made the seat height any higher I would be tip toe.My neighbor suggested Mr Eds Moto c
Custom Seats in Albany Or. He does mail order but since I am only 75 miles north of him i rode down and he built the seat for me. He takes a lot of time with you about 5 hours and takes you through the whole process. He uses several diffrent kinds of foam and has you sit on each layer then when it is close before a cover goes on I rode it about 15 miles for the final test.I am posting a picture of my new seat and his website. I think he is very reasonable 450.00 and it is so comfortable.
Mr. Ed's Moto Custom Seats Mr. Ed's Moto Albany, OR (541) 926-2107

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
that is a very nice looking butt-rest. is the front of the seat raised up at all/can he do that? my only gripe about the stock seat is that i slide forward all the way to the gas tank. i have a spare seat to send off for the spencer mod, and @ $150 total its hard to beat ($25 for seat, $125 for mod and shipping)

if you go for some longer rides let us know.

granted anything is more comfortable than a road bike (bicycle) seat and i put in a couple hours at a time on one of those occasionally...

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Yes he raised the front of the seat so I dont slide foward and dished out the back for apperance, have tried several quick stops with no sliding and have about 100 miles with no sit bone issues which was my original complaint.

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I would have taken pictures of the process he takes it all the way down to the pan glues your old foam back in as kind of a base and cuts alot of it out. Then adds differnt foams to get the comfort and shape you want there is quite a bit to it.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that is a very nice looking butt-rest. is the front of the seat raised up at all/can he do that? my only gripe about the stock seat is that i slide forward all the way to the gas tank.

Yes, sliding right up against the tank is not the greatest, so a seat like that would be nice. As has been established, this sort of contact can be...[ahem]...alarming if you're not paying attention. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/38663-falling-sleep.html

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was very happy wih Spencers craftsmanship and price. His turnaround was within a day, he uses a product called Supracore"

It took longer to deliver than to modify....:thumbup:

Page 1

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I was very happy wih Spencers craftsmanship and price. His turnaround was within a day, he uses a product called Supracore"

It took longer to delived than to modify....:thumbup:

Page 1

Hay thanks, I'm going to see if he can do a cafe seat for my ninja 250 like the one in the photo.:cheer: