Custom exhaust $200 shipped

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be interested in one, wondering how bad the drone is at like 70-80 mph?
Thanks
Aaron
I want in, just curious how the drone is?
Its not bad at all. I just rode 240miles of interstate and its the wind noise that gets tiresome, not the exhauest note.

viviifz6 unfortunate for you though, JoeSTL has dibs on the 3rd set. If there is a complication or he backs out for any reason, you can be bumped to next.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Will you be making a third set? What does installation require?

JoeSTL will be getting the 3rd set. I will only be building 1 more after that. Instalation is just reverse of removing the stock exhaust. <--I hope that doesn't sound smarta$$, it really is that simple....well + drilling a small hole in your fender to support it from the top. It can be done in about 30min....well I can do it in 30min but then I've had mine off more times than most folks have had there gas cap open LOL

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
JoeSTL will be getting the 3rd set. I will only be building 1 more after that. Instalation is just reverse of removing the stock exhaust. <--I hope that doesn't sound smarta$$, it really is that simple....well + drilling a small hole in your fender to support it from the top. It can be done in about 30min....well I can do it in 30min but then I've had mine off more times than most folks have had there gas cap open LOL

PHRANK, Are you done for good after these 2? or just done for the time being? I'm sure it's somewhat of a headache/time consumer so I understand...but it stinks nonetheless if it's over forever! I've been lurking the thread since the beginning, just waiting on the funds to be there for the "fun wants" but the "required needs" keeps stealing all my broke college kid money. Anywho, thanks for doing your part by sticking it to the big manufacturers and showing it's ridiculous to charge what they do...specially when mass produced.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Money order is in the mail! I'll PM you the tracking number.

Okay, I'll be watching my mailbox.

PHRANK, Are you done for good after these 2? or just done for the time being? I'm sure it's somewhat of a headache/time consumer so I understand...but it stinks nonetheless if it's over forever! I've been lurking the thread since the beginning, just waiting on the funds to be there for the "fun wants" but the "required needs" keeps stealing all my broke college kid money. Anywho, thanks for doing your part by sticking it to the big manufacturers and showing it's ridiculous to charge what they do...specially when mass produced

The kit I will be assembling for JoeSTL will be #3-of-4 leaving only one more for the many eager foumites to "fight" over. So far its not much of a "headache" and I only build them in my spare time after work. The reason I'm doing so few is I just don't want them to become a 2nd job. If I can build them 1-off and make a (SMALL) profit (I spread some love to the forum after each kit is shipped and split the rest 50/50 with a partner), the big manufacturers can build jigs/fixtures to build them in massive quantities and reap even more $$ without jacking the price up so much.

If you're as "broke" as you say you are, I really hope for your sake you can get in on the next (last) build. I build these kits with the sole intent of helping those who couldn't otherwise afford an aftermarket exhaust kit. After all, that's why I have one hanging off my FZ!

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
PHRANK, Are you done for good after these 2? or just done for the time being?

I hope not :confused: you've got a great idea. Like AthensGA37, something else (kids) is always first to grab my stash.

... I build these kits with the sole intent of helping those who couldn't otherwise afford an aftermarket exhaust kit...

If so, is there a chance of getting specs/dimensions on the mounting bracket or entire kit, of course for a low-low fee (ahem, I mean donation). I'm interested in possibly getting a local friend to do some welding (before a 12 pack) and making a set with 3.5in cans and possibly refitting the stock exhaust cover.

Last edited:

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
PHRANK, Are you done for good after these 2? or just done for the time being?

Done for good :eek: I live a 90% stress free life, during a build I worry about customer satisfaction, deadlines, mistakes, burning my FZ to the ground in a welding accident......these 4 kits should show others that if a "good ole' boy" from WV can make a decent sounding exhaust without breaking the bank, they can too!

I like one!!How far out you think your next build is??

It takes about a month from start to start.

Is there a chance of getting specs/dimensions on the mounting bracket or entire kit, of course for a low-low fee (ahem, I mean donation). I'm interested in possibly getting a local friend to do some welding (before a 12 pack) and making a set with 3.5in cans and possibly refitting the stock exhaust cover.

No fee!When taking production pics for JoeSTL I'll try to keep a tape measure in frame for scaling. If there's anything you need more info on don't hesitate to ask! I believe the only "stupid question" is the one that doesn't get asked, so fire away....by pm if you think its not beneficial to the rest of the forum though.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey JoeSTL, I got your money order in the mail today. I'll go to the bank deposit it and place the summit order tomorrow before heading to the Martinsburg Bike Night event....that nobody else from the forum will be coming along for :rolleyes:

Whats your preference on Tip trimming(on, off, angled) and paint(natural, painted)?

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel your pain! I'm doing the same thing on the 6R side. I'm getting close to my 20th exhaust now so I have my little routine, jigs and tricks sort out. Building the exhaust is 1/2 the work! If I had to I could bang about 10 of those in a weekend. What takes the most of work is the back and forth emailing, answering all the questions. I have 2-3 solid thread about the exhaust, maps and even put a little webpage together to make my life easier... still.

If you want to keep doing it, use PayPal. It cost you 3% per transaction but the turn around is much faster.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey JoeSTL, I got your money order in the mail today. I'll go to the bank deposit it and place the summit order tomorrow before heading to the Martinsburg Bike Night event....that nobody else from the forum will be coming along for :rolleyes:

Whats your preference on Tip trimming(on, off, angled) and paint(natural, painted)?

Love the looks of the angled tips with flat black paint, which I think would be identical to the one you built for edfz6.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Angle cut and painted flat black, you got it. Ed didn't mention on here but he told me in person on the PA/NJ ride that during shipping the tips poked through the box and it chipped the paint on em. Even though I include the leftover paint, I'll take steps on my end to ensure that doesn't happen to yours.

Here's the 1st "production" pic from you kit.
View attachment 44301

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!! Summit didn't mess around this time, the Glasspacks were on my porch when I got home from work! I should have it together and back in the mail by wed Aug. 29th, Sep. 5th at the very latest. You'll be makin your neighbors mad before ya know it! :Flip:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!! Summit didn't mess around this time, the Glasspacks were on my porch when I got home from work! I should have it together and back in the mail by wed Aug. 29th, Sep. 5th at the very latest. You'll be makin your neighbors mad before ya know it! :Flip:

Awesome! Sorry neighbors... :BLAA:

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
No fee!When taking production pics for JoeSTL I'll try to keep a tape measure in frame for scaling...

Don't forget the pics. As my avatar and screen name indicate, CAD is what I do. I'd like to make drawings incase others would also like to try their hand at DIY exhaust. But it can never be duplicated from the originator, you :rockon:.

Thanks DUDE, from me and the many others that have or will try their hand at a set.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Between the weather and my wifes work schedule I haven't got started fabricating your kit yet Joe. :spank: I'll have it shipped by next wed though for sure.

I'll be sure to take lots of pics with a tape measure in frame for size reference as requested by CADMAN