Crotchrocket!!

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I have sold my first love; my 07 FZ6. I wanted a more sportier bike and I got it. I purchased the 2006 anniversary edition R6 :rockon:. I want to thank you all for the help I got when I first got my first bike. You guys are awesome :thumbup::thumbup: I'll still lurk around on the forums as I been doing. :rockon:

1z3ch2r.jpg

2rpz3hs.jpg

14wpzkh.jpg

Last edited:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
compare the two for us, KingWu. and congrats! :thumbup::thumbup:

i have wondered myself. isn't the FZ6 as fast up to 120mph or so? :rockon::rockon: and when i say that i mean like a race straight to 120mph not overall power and roll on and all that

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

i have wondered myself. isn't the FZ6 as fast up to 120mph or so? :rockon::rockon: and when i say that i mean like a race straight to 120mph not overall power and roll on and all that

I've owned both. They're just very different when it comes to power delivery. FZ6 wakes up at about 5.5k RPM. R6 wakes up at ~7. FZ6 starts to drop off faster at higher RPM... R6 still pulls hard at 14k. Different tuning.

R6 is much lighter though and has significantly better suspension. It also takes a mile to make a u-turn :rof:

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site

Will do!

:needpics:

Does it look like this?

:Sport:

Haha i'll upload some when I get home

I've owned both. They're just very different when it comes to power delivery. FZ6 wakes up at about 5.5k RPM. R6 wakes up at ~7. FZ6 starts to drop off faster at higher RPM... R6 still pulls hard at 14k. Different tuning.

R6 is much lighter though and has significantly better suspension. It also takes a mile to make a u-turn :rof:

Yeah after riding back home and turning on corners, I've noticed it's pretty different from the FZ6. It feels a little weird so i'm hitting corners and turns really really really slow..

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah after riding back home and turning on corners, I've noticed it's pretty different from the FZ6. It feels a little weird so i'm hitting corners and turns really really really slow..

Which is the opposite of what R6 likes Blah

It wants to take corners fast. It's one of the worst bikes I've ever ridden for slow speed maneuvers. You'll get used to it, with a bit of seat time.. the thing begs to tip into turns at speed and holds its line incredibly well.

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
Which is the opposite of what R6 likes Blah

It wants to take corners fast. It's one of the worst bikes I've ever ridden for slow speed maneuvers. You'll get used to it, with a bit of seat time.. the thing begs to tip into turns at speed and holds its line incredibly well.

I believe that too lol. But I also need a new front tire so i'm kind of afraid to lean a lot. :( When I was making a left I tried to pick up speed through the turn and felt/seen my front wheel jerk a little like it wanted to turn another way. Maybe it was rider error but i'm going to play it safe and say it was the tire and continue to take slow turns until I get a new tire :rolleyes::thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that too lol. But I also need a new front tire so i'm kind of afraid to lean a lot. :( When I was making a left I tried to pick up speed through the turn and felt/seen my front wheel jerk a little like it wanted to turn another way. Maybe it was rider error but i'm going to play it safe and say it was the tire and continue to take slow turns until I get a new tire :rolleyes::thumbup:

Wheel losing direction doesn't sound like a tire issue, not to say you should start pushing it. Definitely get good tire(s) as soon as you can.. and then invest in rider education (schools, books).. this bike is incredibly capable and most street riders don't come close to using this bike to its full potential.

Be safe and have fun :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Always liked the yellow/black color combo. You'll love that bike!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gorgeous bike!! :thumbup:
Look at that tiny pipe! Thing must be loud as heck!

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike! I think the R6 is a better looking bike than the FZ6, but ergonomics were the deciding factor for me. Between tendinitis, bursitis, arthritis and maybe one or two more itis', it was a no brainer. Some say it's a bitch getting old, I say it beats the alternative. Besides, like the saying goes, just cuz ya grow old doesn't mean ya gotta grow up. Blah