Crested Butte, CO. ride

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guess it's that time of year for me to post up my annual fall color pictures. :rolleyes:
So, John and I decided to try a little "off the paved road" riding....so we took a few days off and headed to Crested Butte, Co. with the Yamaha XT225 and his KTM 450. We had purchased this elaborate map from REI (sporting goods type store), but failed to notice the small details on the legend, our 1st mistake.
Monday started out great, nothing I couldn't handle.....till we turned onto a road called Reno Divide.....that was my first of 3 crashes. I misjudged a corner and bam, I went down with the bike landing on my foot...actually my toes, I think they all touched the top of my foot, not good, it took 30 mins or so before I could even try to wiggle them.
Our 2nd f-up was a trail called Italian Creek.....this trail, in a word = BRUTAL! I thought we were gonna die up there. At times we were at tree line and more than once John had to ride my bike thru some really bad spots because I was unable to put my foot down. :(
Enough whinning....here's a few pictures:
(and if anyone knows what kind of bird that is??? He was a curious little thing, even landed on the KTM at one point checking up on us. lol)

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tuesday was more to my liking....no rock hopping! We rode over Kebler & Ohio Pass. Except for a little rain, perfect.
Enjoy.....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pictures Brenda! Sorry to hear about your foot and hope it's better.

That bird is........

Female Blue Jay!
2004-08-02_170709_BlueJayIB.jpg

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pictures Brenda! Sorry to hear about your foot and hope it's better.

That bird is........

Female Blue Jay!
2004-08-02_170709_BlueJayIB.jpg

Thanks Cliff....I'm surprised she was so calm, I noticed a big nest down the trail where I took that pic. She was probably just keeping an eye on what we were doing, making sure we didn't get too close.

And the foot....just a nasty bruise from my big toe to my arch, but able to walk this morning with out much limping.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure how I missed this, Bren? Great pics tho! By now Im sure you have iced that foot and John is doing better:thumbup: