Crater Lake Trip

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a 750 mile trip last week to Crater Lake Oregon. 3 days basically. One day to the lake. One day to my buddys house in Grants Pass Oregon and one day home. I stayed at the main lodge at Crater Lake. I highly recommend it. Great food, comfortable rooms and the scenery is stunning. I hit some great roads. My favorite was Route 66 from Klamath Falls to Ashland Oregon. 50 miles with lots of turns and spectaular scenery. I am not used to doing that much riding in that short a period however. The back of my legs were soar and my wrists too. Sure had fun though. I really need to do some altimo rearsets for comfort and maybe a taller windscreen to block the wind better for long trips or get a FJR 1300. LOL. Not unless I win the lottery however. I did not get to do Crater Lake a few years back when I hooked up with Vegas Rider and Lone Soldier at the Oregon Caves. I am really glad I made the trip this time. Sorry kind of a lame ride report but great pictures.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing Mark! With such short notice there was no way i could make it - work started a swing shift and I was on the hook for some hours.

Great pictures and I'm glad you're home safe!!! Way to go little FZ!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im a sucker for panaramic shots, but that vertical of the lake (3:6) is beautiful
thanks for the show n tell

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes Crater Lake is one of mother natures wonders of the world. Very spectacular I would recommend it to anyone who can make the trip, motorcycle or not. I would also recommend doing two days there as there is so much to take in and lots of great short or long hikes. Anyone in to bicycles there was lots of people riding around the lake. It's either 33 or 40 miles around the lake. Also there are tour boats on the lake at $35.00 a trip. However you have to be part billy goat as the hike down is 1 mile straight down and then 1 mile straight up back. Just do it! :thumbup: