Crashed!!! F'n dirt pacth!

Z

zoomman

Was going around a bend and sort of got caught between gear no mans land...ended up making a big mistake in trying to brake around the corner instaed of just gearing through. Was heading for bushes and just at the end/side of road the bike slid (dirt patch) out from under me and I was thrown. THANK GOD FOR GEAR! Smacked my head dead center of pavement, Both wrist are sore, left knee sore, ego bruised badly. Both gloves ripped to the palms, no damage to pants or jacket. Frame Sliders should have been my first mod, this probably would have saved the bike from most of the damage. To top it off, this was less than a hour after installing the scorpions.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear about the wreck, nice to hear you made it through ok.
I saw on a pic you posted up there was a kid sitting on your bike. If he is your son, i'm sure he is glad to see his dad ok.

Get it fixed and get back out there. Let this be a learning experience, not an end to your riding.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Good one one the full-faced helmet. Looks like where the helmet took the damage, on the chin and visor, would have been your face with any lesser helmet. Saw a diagram showing that 45% head/helmet impacts occur in places that only a full-face helmet protects. There was a posting on a very similar crash a couple of days ago. Need more street cleaners!

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed the helmet also. I would have hated to see what would have happened if it wasn't.

Glad you're OK.

Z

zoomman

sorry to hear about the wreck, nice to hear you made it through ok.
I saw on a pic you posted up there was a kid sitting on your bike. If he is your son, i'm sure he is glad to see his dad ok.

Get it fixed and get back out there. Let this be a learning experience, not an end to your riding.

Yes, that's my boy. That pic was taken right after the scorpion install and less than an hour before the crash.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, that's my boy. That pic was taken right after the scorpion install and less than an hour before the crash.

I have a son of my own and its because of him i gear up........i also dont like to get hurt, but he is a big part of me being safe.

Z

zoomman

I have a son of my own and its because of him i gear up........i also dont like to get hurt, but he is a big part of me being safe.

I always see these guys riding around with shorts, flip flops, and tank tops and say to myself, what if. This certainly would have been a serious body wrecker if I didn't have the gear on. My sons four and I also have a six year old daughter who was very upset when she saw the condition of me and the bike. She's the one who named my zoomman.

Z

zoomman

Just did a short summary with a local shop on the damage. It's gonna cost close to $600.00 for all the repairs. I should have came clean to the wife about the Scorpions. Maybe it was Clock Work Orange.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com

Prob not the right thread to ask this question but what are your initial feelings on the scorpions? I just ordered a set of carbon fibre but it will be at least a week b4 they come in. I'll try not to follow your lead in "breaking 'em in" :p

-Keits

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that sux!!... But glad your ok!!!!.... Wear the gear ppl it works..... I see the shorts and the flipflops all the time.... Im hot in the leathers but always wear them..........

Z

zoomman

Prob not the right thread to ask this question but what are your initial feelings on the scorpions? I just ordered a set of carbon fibre but it will be at least a week b4 they come in. I'll try not to follow your lead in "breaking 'em in" :p

-Keits

Scorpions are awesome! crashing is not...lol

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are OK and I hope you get your bike fixed quickly.

However, your are now in position to do a gear crash test review. Looks like your helmet did its job. What kind of gloves, pants and jacket were you wearing...and how fast were you going?