Crashed cheap fixes

rakhan

Reaction score
Visit site
So i crashed for the second time on my new FZ6, cant say its for any other reason than just being an amateur. The story may rank up as one of the dumbest wreck stories ever! And yes i'm ok just a couple scrapes and bruises.

My question is when you guys damage your bikes what do you do. I dont want to file a claim, and the dealer quoted me some crazy numbers that I know are greatly inflated. The main parts that are damaged are the front faring, and the left headlight is shattered. The radiator also took some bad damage.

Are there any good places that you would recommend for some used parts or maybe third party parts. I am not looking for perfection here, because being a new rider I am sure I will lay it down again.

Thank you for any information

Roshan

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Alot of Fz6 owners here do naked conversions when the fairing/headlight gets damaged. It would prohibitive costly to buy new parts. If the naked bike thing isn't for you, you might find someone here who did the conversion and will sell you the parts taken off from it.

and btw, did you take MSF class? you sound so resigned that crashing is such a given.. yes it happens and sucks when it does but it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion that you are going to lay it down again.

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a 6 month old head light (like new condition) off a 08 fz6 for $100 if you are interested.

rakhan

Reaction score
Visit site
Alot of Fz6 owners here do naked conversions when the fairing/headlight gets damaged. It would prohibitive costly to buy new parts. If the naked bike thing isn't for you, you might find someone here who did the conversion and will sell you the parts taken off from it.

and btw, did you take MSF class? you sound so resigned that crashing is such a given.. yes it happens and sucks when it does but it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion that you are going to lay it down again.

I was more being sarcastic about crashing again im hoping that it wont happen again, I was in a parking lot when it happened. It wasn't a lack of knowledge so much as just a stupid mistake. My buddy wanted to hear the engine so i revved it up i thought i was in neutral but i was in first so when i let go of the clutch the bike took off and did a wheelie and I crashed into the curb that was about 10 feet in front of me. Really just a really really embarrassing stupid mistake.

But in response to you first statement, how hard is the naked conversion any links to the procedure?

Thank you for the info

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
the naked conversion is a good project. I helped S.D.Willie on this forum do it over the winter. He can hook you up with the guy he bought the kit from. The bike looks awesome. Lots of people here have done this conversion. If you have specific questions on how to install I can help you out. But do a search and you will find tons of information on it.

rakhan

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked around a bit, its seems some of the naked kits are about $900 does that seem right? if so replacing the fairing and headlight would be cheaper.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just sent you a PM.

Again, sorry to hear about the wreck; happens to all of us at some point. Live and learn.

There are a number a single light kits available; I have listed a few below.

FZ16 Headlight from NubsShop: FZ6 StreetFighter Headlight Kit 2004-2009

FZ1N Euro Headlight from Partsshark: Euro Style FZ-1 Headlight Conversion Kit With Radiator Guards from Part Shark Catalog
*this is what I have on my bike^

ebay Streetfighter Light: Motorcycle StreetFighter Headlight HID HALO Projector | eBay

Acerbis Cyclops: HDLGT CYCLOPS BLACK 12V-55W - Cheap Cycle Parts

As you can see, they range anywhere from $100 to $600 depending on what style and quality you are looking for.

Best of luck getting her back to prime!

rakhan

Reaction score
Visit site
Just sent you a PM.

Again, sorry to hear about the wreck; happens to all of us at some point. Live and learn.

There are a number a single light kits available; I have listed a few below.

FZ16 Headlight from NubsShop: FZ6 StreetFighter Headlight Kit 2004-2009

FZ1N Euro Headlight from Partsshark: Euro Style FZ-1 Headlight Conversion Kit With Radiator Guards from Part Shark Catalog
*this is what I have on my bike^

ebay Streetfighter Light: Motorcycle StreetFighter Headlight HID HALO Projector | eBay

Acerbis Cyclops: HDLGT CYCLOPS BLACK 12V-55W - Cheap Cycle Parts

As you can see, they range anywhere from $100 to $600 depending on what style and quality you are looking for.

Best of luck getting her back to prime!

The pic in the first link look awesome but is that black bike really and FZ6 the rear end looks much different

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The pic in the first link look awesome but is that black bike really and FZ6 the rear end looks much different

It actually is an FZ6 with a significant amount of modification (Honda VFR single sided swing-arm and an R6 Tail if I remember correctly). The headlight seems to be one of the most popular "naked" kits since is is nearly a bolt-on application.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
My buddy wanted to hear the engine so i revved it up i thought i was in neutral but i was in first so when i let go of the clutch the bike took off and did a wheelie and I crashed into the curb that was about 10 feet in front of me.

...Not to kick you while you're down, but you have to respect a motorcycle and be keen on what your are doing while on it. A bike can bring you a lot of enjoyment but it can also bring you much unwanted pain. The next time a friend wants you to rev the engine or a little kid wants your to pop a wheelie, just smile and say no...it will save you a lot of blood and treasure in the long run. Sorry to hear about your crash and I'm glad no one was in front of the bike when it took off. Respect the machine and good luck with your conversion.

rakhan

Reaction score
Visit site
It actually is an FZ6 with a significant amount of modification (Honda VFR single sided swing-arm and an R6 Tail if I remember correctly). The headlight seems to be one of the most popular "naked" kits since is is nearly a bolt-on application.

Thats freaking sweet, how big of a conversion is the R6 tail swap?