crash

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
jus thought i should add that i was in a crash on sunday, i only have a memory of somebody pulling out on me, and being in a lot of pain on a spinal board. i was airlifted to hospital and spent a day there. my only injuries are whiplash and one of my fingers has been impacted. i've been on meds since sunday. but at least now i can get in and out of bed myself. a car pulled out on me and i went though their windscreen. my fz6 is ok, i was riding my cbr600rr at the time

i was wearing double-shoes boots, armoured textiles trousers and jeans, armoured leather jacket, chest and back protector, leather gloves and an arai helmet. stupidly i was wearing a backpack with my now smashed DSLR camera in it and walking shoes

not sure what state my stuff is in but i had to be cut out or most of it i believe

i was wearing all the gear, but wish i had something to protect against whiplash better. i've signed off work for a month, and they're goiing o operate on my hand next week

here's a not terribly exciting picture of my hand, note my ring finger is normally a lot longer than my index finger

Last edited:

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch, that X-Ray looks painful. I'm glad to hear you're mostly ok. I'm sure the gear did a great deal to prevent some really bad injuries.

Heal up quickly.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok!!!!! Is the cage driver considered at fault and everything goes through his insurance including medical bills??

Side note: Dianese race jacket has built in whip lash protectors. I was a bit mad because there race jacket with the same pricing that has front perforations does not have the whip lash protectors.... Why cant they put in on both versions......

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Could have been much worse. Hang in there.. all should heal with time.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you went through a windshield I'd say you're doing great! That bone in your finger looks like it telescoped! :eek: Ouch! Heal up quick an glad you can share it with us! :rockon:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i don't remember the accident, but from the description and police report the other person is at fault. all i rememer is somebody pulling out on me. not spoken to the insurers yet

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear this Greg :(, that finger looks painful :eek: good job you was wearing your gear.

well I know it's little consolation but at least the FZ's OK :thumbup:

Take it easy and heal up soon.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your alive to tell us about it! Keep us up to date on your condition and everything.

P.S. glad the FZ is ok. lol

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Good that you are still able to talk about it. Another example of how the right gear can make a difference. Imagine someone with just a t-shirt and shorts on, that would be a totally different outcome. Heal up fast.

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
So glad you were wearing all that gear. Another in a long line of reminders to keep it on through the summer. I am already miserable riding in 102 degree temps home from work, and have had the thought that I'd lose the jacket "just this once." I know myself well enough to know that if I'm fading out on the gear at 102, then I'd definitely not wear it at 110!

Good luck on your finger surgery. I'm sure you'll be back out riding in no time.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you are safe:thumbup:

I always thought if I broke a finger, I'd hope it would be the middle one so I could have the hand casted like this...:Flip:

:BLAA:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you got out of that one with so little personal damage, could have been so much worse, here's to a speedy recovery (and a fast insurance payout)