crash

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
spoke to the policeman who attended today

turns out the car i hit was turning acorss the road to get into a.. motorcycle rally! you think these people would really be more aware! feel a bit bad that they will be prosecuted, but at least i am not at fault

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Gosh Greg, sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you heal up soon and the the insurance and all other details are delt with quickly and smoothly.

If the cager was a biker or hung about with bikers (if they was going to a rally), then they should have known better! :spank:

People need to learn and so if a prosecution is what it takes, so be it. That accident could have been fatal. Don't feel guilty, you're the victim in this.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
went to the police pound today, and saw my bike for the first time. seems like the bike absorbed a lot of the impact, which is lucky for me i guess

also been to the doctors, not getting my finger operated on for now, but turns out i've done something to my knee, and my collar bone must have dislocated during the accident too. shoulders are still pretty sore and my range of motion limited

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it bad that seeing a gorgeous bike like that destroyed makes me want to cry?

And I have to say it...

That'll buff right out! :D

Glad you survived that accident. Crazy that they were turning into a motorcycle rally.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! I'm glad you're more or less okay. Take your time, listen to your doctors and get well.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
got some good news today, the car driver which caused the accident (and almost killed me), has pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention in court. He's been fined £505, plus £150 court costs plus he's had 6 points added to his licence. Don't know why he bothered pleading not guilty the first time, he's only made it worse.

Hopefully this should speed up my insurance claim, of which I've still not recovered any money.

also after i spoke to the policeman the other week he said he thought it was going to be a fatality, it was called in that I was unconscious and not breathing after I was hit. The police have been very supportive and helpful, and I owe them a huge thanks.

Also although I escaped relatively unscathed, it's going to take a long time to heal. I tore one of my rotator cuffs, so I still have ROM problems with my shoulder, and I can't do any of my usual sports. Running also hurts as both my collarbones are now loose and click when I run, causing pain in my sternum :S

The good news is I've been swimming to help with recovery, and I'm getting better at it :D

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fair play mate, delighted that you are getting there.
Good luck with the insurance.

Neil
:thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pleased to hear you'll be finally getting your money Greg :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your medical problems, hope you heal up soon.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Gosh, it's took quite a while hasn't it but thankfully it's sorted and in your favour too. Lets hope the driver keeps his eyes and concentration on the road in future. Now hurry up insurance! :thumbup:

I hope the injuries improve and you get fit again soon. It sounds like it'll take a while but hang in there.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Any updates mate? How's the recovery going?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

still not got any money from the insurers, but i am planning on a month long trip to ecuador next year as I have so much unused holiday from this year.

shoulder is still sore, but i think it might slowly be getting better, i just need to be careful i don't make the tear bigger

I'm going to have a go at catch/submission wrestling today to see if i can start going back to training, and I also want to try some rock climbing to see if my shoulder is up to it

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
still not got any money from the insurers, but i am planning on a month long trip to ecuador next year as I have so much unused holiday from this year.

shoulder is still sore, but i think it might slowly be getting better, i just need to be careful i don't make the tear bigger

I'm going to have a go at catch/submission wrestling today to see if i can start going back to training, and I also want to try some rock climbing to see if my shoulder is up to it

Wow.. there'd be a riot in the States if it took someone that long to get insurance money! Sucks.. hope they come through for you soon!

Hope your shoulder holds up too.. rock climbing!!.. perfect way to test it :BLAA:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Turns out my neck is a bit of a weak point whilst grappling. shoulder wasn't too bad, though i was very aware of what i was doing with it. I noticed my neck gets a bit tired/sore when I am riding, but didn't think it was that big a deal. When grappling you need to your head a lot, and quite often put your bodyweight through it. The two big muscles on the back of my neck were getting quite sore