Counteract - balancing beads

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Counteract Motorcycle Balancing

Just had new tires put on and I have a vibration that starts about 90mph and just gets worse the faster you go. At about 100mph, the pucker effect slows me back below 90mph. I'm going to try Counteract's 2oz kit and see if it doesn't smooth it out. They are almost double the cost of other dynabeads but they are supposed to stick to the inside of the tire the first time around, so they are not re-balancing every time you stop and start. Just had to give these a try... will let you guy/gals know how it turns out.

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
i've seen the dyna beads, never heard of these, im very interested in how this turns out

:rockon:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Can't you just have the tires balanced? I know this would be more work, but wouldn't it be a better option? I don't know, just asking. Coming from an automotive background, this just seems kinda Mickey Mouse.

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
It will either work or it wont...just really want to see if they work or not... let others know... less work... less money... anyway it's shipped... guinea pig time :BLAA:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i had a high speed wobble on my old front tyre, i think a weight fell off, once i got it replaced and balanced it was steady as a rock

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been interested in the dyna beads. I have a set of tires at the ready but not completely sold on the beads. Mostly for looks, I'd like to omit the rim weights so please keep us updated.:thumbup:

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Update - Ok ... so i got the order in the mail on Friday and installed them this weekend. I started out with a "slow down or your going to wreck" vibration and after the installing the beads it went to "Hey, I feel a buzz" vibration. So, did it fix it no... Do I think it helped, sure. I'll end up pulling the wheels off and checking it again.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im running dyna beads in both tires right now n so far they have been pretty good but at higher speeds like 85-90 theres a lot of shaking but that could be due to a number of things...

downside is when i need to swap tires they might end up all over the place:confused:

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a new set of tires mid-summer this year and went down to the dynabead distributor totally ready to install the dynabeads. they asked me if I ever exceeded 90 mph or used the bike for track days. I said yes. They highly recommended a static balance or hi-speed balance instead of dynabeads because of a hi-speed shake I would most likely experience! they told me that dynabeads worked best on cruisers and scooters where a speed of 90 mph are rarely or never reached. I went with a static balance and my bike is solid as a rock up to top speed of ....well....over 90 mph!:)

Just my experience fwiw.

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
They highly recommended a static balance or hi-speed balance instead of dynabeads because of a hi-speed shake I would most likely experience! they told me that dynabeads worked best on cruisers and scooters where a speed of 90 mph are rarely or never reached. I went with a static balance and my bike is solid as a rock up to top speed of ....well....over 90 mph!:)

This is why I tried the Counteract beads. They are supposed to work like a simi-static balance. Once the beads are spun to the tire wall, they are supposed to stick to the wall. Unless the bike sits for a week or the tire is struck with something to dislodge them, they should stay in place. They also claim that their beads will not harm tire pressure sensors. They are supposed to balance at lower speeds. The site claimed that some beads had to reach 30mph before they were balanced. One thing is for sure, these beads did not create a hi-speed shake on my bike and defiantly helped reduce the high speed shake that I already had.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same problem a couple of months back.Started the same time i changed tires and added dynabeeds.Removed beeds and had the shop balance both tires, still started shaking at 93mph and started getting worse. It turned out to be the steringhead bearings and had nothing to do with the tires or balancing