Conversion started!

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!

Just wanted to share with you guys my little project that I finally started last weekend. I had my fz for a good two years now and never had anything bad to say about it (except maybe when she needed her TPS replaced), but I fell even more in love when I saw her naked :)rolleyes:). I thought about it for a while and decided that it was time to go for it and that I could always switch back anyway if I didn't like it.

So, with this http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/17429-my-latest-fz6-naked-conversion.html as my inspiration, I ordered that headlight, some T-bolt clamps on ebay and a new FZ1 handlebar. A friend of mine will also also cut me some SV650 brackets using the template found here.

So this is it for now, I won't be able to update the thread really often as I can only work on it during the weekends and I haven't received a single part yet, but in the meantime if you have any tips or advices you are welcome to share them! :)

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your comments!

I received my headlight! So beautiful :drool: Can't install it yet since I don't have my brackets (but I did receive the t-bolts clamps). I tried to get a preview of the final look using an empty water bottle to hold it and with the speedometer leaning on top. :)
I also ordered a few ebay goodies and a pair of mirrors that I will show when they get here.

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
So! To get more work done this week I've decided to quit my job and start selling some of my organs to finance my motorcycle projects. :thumbup:

Nahhh, I did quit my job and had some free time but it's because a few weeks ago I got an offer for a new, better one closer to where I used to live and took the opportunity. I start next week! :)

Anyway, this week I was able to make my headlight brackets since the ones my friend was supposed to make didn't seem like they were coming anytime soon. I also received and installed my FZ1 handlebar, some gray/white reflective vinyl stripes for the wheels and a little something I found in the WebBikeWorld garage sale! :D

Everything is working pretty well so far, next things to do will be to find or build a speedo bracket, install some mirrors (that I should receive soon), hide the wire clusters and a few more things to adjust. Also, question for all of you who have a belly pan/lower cowl installed. Does yours get damaged a lot by road debris? Because I had one installed, but on my first long trip with the bike 3 out of the 4 mounting tabs of the brackets broke and it was holding on on by a screw and a tie-wrap for a few kilometers before I stopped and saw it. When I took it off, the front was pretty damaged but I don't know if it is because it maybe have rubbed against the road or if it is ''normal'' damage. It is one of the ebay lower cowl that comes from Lithuania.

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
Somebody made me realize I haven't posted pictures of the final result so here are some I took in April just after a little snowfall.
Also a pic of my deceased Roof Boxer. :( A friend wanted to try it before buying one and crashed (he recovered and is now in top shape!). My helmet had a short life, but at least it probably saved another. Also I wont miss it too much since I got to choose a new one which should be at my door soon!

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike is cool, but I really like the pics. The ruined greenhouse and the outdoor shots are great. Your bike is filthy, which I appreciate. Does it really live out in the snow? There are no tire tracks or footprints. All in all, a great presentation. Oh, and I like the bird cage.

Joe

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
The Hand guards and the mirrors are a very nice touch. The headlight also came out looking surprisingly really good.

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! But don't worry, I usually take really good care of my bike, or at least the best I can. It was in the snow because I really wanted to ride as soon as possible to try all my mods, but not even a few days after I took it out, snow was falling again. The pics are at my parent's house and I couldn't bring it back to my place because of the frozen roads.
I also really like the dirty look, but as I said I usually keep it clean as much as possible but I can't do it in the colder months since I have no heated place to do it (even in the sun the greenhouse stays pretty cold :p ).