Contemplating getting a FZ6 2005, worth it?

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
good on you for waiting, bikes keep popping up because for the majority of people they are toys, so when they need money or the wife/hubby start bugging about the bike is bad and this and that they are the first things to be put up for sale. just for your info the 06 also has the sexy black engine/frame combo, plus the fairing is nicer :D

the 09's have the silver frame/wheels and black engine right? they look very upmarket:thumbup:

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
Man the prices over on the states are crazy cheap. Bike prices over here especially in the highlands of Scotland are crazy. My bike was almost $3500 dollars equivalent for an 04 with 22, 000 miles. Theres a 08 S2 for sale on Gumtree local to me atm for $5600 equivalent US dollars. I'd kill to be able to get a bike as cheap as you guys can.

guicansado

Reaction score
Visit site
Man the prices over on the states are crazy cheap. Bike prices over here especially in the highlands of Scotland are crazy. My bike was almost $3500 dollars equivalent for an 04 with 22, 000 miles. Theres a 08 S2 for sale on Gumtree local to me atm for $5600 equivalent US dollars. I'd kill to be able to get a bike as cheap as you guys can.

oh wow! Really puts things into perspective. When I took a trip down to Brazil, I remember seeing a new R1 going for $30,000 DOLLARS!

guicansado

Reaction score
Visit site
update:

I've given up on the 2005 & 2006 FZ6

The 2007 FZ6 is hard to negotiate, but closer to $3700. Now I have an opportunity for a 2007 CBR600RR with 3thousand miles, for $4300 firm price. They all live relatively close, so I will try to check them same day. Which is a better deal (objectively speaking)? I have ridden a 2007 CBR600RR and I don't mind it, although the FZ6 is more comfortable. I am trying to see which is a better deal. Sorry this is dragging :) slowly getting closer to a deal

Thanks

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
The CBR600RR and FZ6 are totally different bikes. If you plan to do any sort of long distance riding, shy away from the supersport. However if you just want to ride on the weekends and hit the twisties, the CBR is superior in every way to the FZ6. As far the TPS, I have had no issues with my '05 with 25K miles on it and I haven't had the recall done. In hindsight, I would have bought the 06+ model as I like the black frame, engine, and wheels more than my silver ones. But hey, I still love my bike and plan to keep it for many years to come.

guicansado

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel a little lost now :) Another FZ6 just popped up for sale. 2008 with less than 1k miles. Guy wants 5,000, which is still way out of my price range. I will check the other bikes and later check his. It seems that the longer I wait, the more bikes pop up, and few of them are getting sold. My ideal price would be $3500, but I feel like unless I got lucky like some of you guys, its unrealistic for me to ask of a 2007-2008 with less than 2,000 miles.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
The CBR is a great bike. I have a 2012 CBR600 and it isa very different bike, razor sharp reflexes, great brakes, more power, less weight, ...

My FZ6 (which is for sale BTW) has FZ1 bars which I really liked. I changed the CBR clip-on's to Heli's which made a huge difference in the seating position. A small change which was just right!!! Added a sport touring windscreen and love it. Taken three 300mile day trips on it since December. Just my thoughts.

Dumas

Reaction score
Visit site
The deals are out there i got my 2009 fz last year with 3200 miles for 3200 dollars and no i didnt try to haggle with the guy went to the courthouse and gave him the cash.

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel a little lost now :) Another FZ6 just popped up for sale. 2008 with less than 1k miles. Guy wants 5,000, which is still way out of my price range. I will check the other bikes and later check his. It seems that the longer I wait, the more bikes pop up, and few of them are getting sold. My ideal price would be $3500, but I feel like unless I got lucky like some of you guys, its unrealistic for me to ask of a 2007-2008 with less than 2,000 miles.

I bought mine in jersey in December for $4300m he asked $4500 with 1380 miles on it. I thought that was reasonable considering all of the mods he added to it.

guicansado

Reaction score
Visit site
The deals are out there i got my 2009 fz last year with 3200 miles for 3200 dollars and no i didnt try to haggle with the guy went to the courthouse and gave him the cash.

I am so jealous :banghead: ! If only there were people like that around my area

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Being a 04 owner myself I'd go for 06 just for black engine and frame, going further I'd go for 07 for the analog tacho.

TPS recall might not be a big deal, it's easy to swap for a used one from a later model and sprocket nut only affected certain VIN ranges, not all years. I do not know what are the normal prices in US though, go by the advice of others, in Europe our prices are much bigger so it would actually be *almost* a steal at 2.9k USD for an unwrecked 05 FZ6 in good condition.