Connector for headlight. where can i find one?

mr.nick705

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!
I have a 2008 FZ6 and towards the end of the season I noticed that the connector that I plug the headlight bulb into kind of melted a little bit. Its the black piece for the right headlight. What is this called and where can I get one?
I looked on bikebandit and it looked like it was a attached to a wire that was $92. can i buy just a connector and splice it in?
Thanks, Nick

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you can buy an economic pigtail assembly. If it's set up for using on a single filament it will have only 2 wires if it was set up for using two filaments it will have 3 wires If it already has 3 wires someone may have wired it to use both filaments but didn't modify the switching off of the low beam filament and hence there is overheating. Is it a stock 2 wire or are there 3 wires on the plug?

AutoZone Autoparts carries the plug assemblies.:D If it's 2 wire, ask for the H4 pigtail plug for the H4 headlight.

Last edited:

mr.nick705

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response!
I'm actually away at college, so I'm not too sure how many wires are attached, but I'd put money on two wires. It is modified to have both headlights on at once, maybe that's the problem. But i really like the look of having both on at all times, instead of the stock one headlight.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response!
I'm actually away at college, so I'm not too sure how many wires are attached, but I'd put money on two wires. It is modified to have both headlights on at once, maybe that's the problem. But i really like the look of having both on at all times, instead of the stock one headlight.

If it's 2 wire someone may have wired the high beam to be on all the time with the low beam. When you get home to look at it PM me.

The plug is a commonly available (H4 Type with 2 wire) and in fact I know I have one laying around somewhere so contact me and I'll get one to you or 5 bucks at the autoparts store

If you get one you need the 3 wire H4 type and you just won't use the one wire...

If it's running high and low beam at the same time it will burn the bulb and plug assembly. It needs to be properly switched...PM me if this is what's happening.

Last edited:

mr.nick705

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, my parents came in to town and I havent been on in a while. But next time I head home I will check it out let you know. I appreciate all the help!!