Completely OT - Eating Contests

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing the new Nathan's hot dog eating champion down 62 dogs reminds me of my only eating contest, in which I took 2nd place. Eat as many softshell tacos as you can in 10 minutes, $2 entry fee. I had no intention of winning, just getting a filling meal for $2 (this was college).
A large room full of screaming spectators changes things. One in five of the tacos had Taco Johns' extra-hot "green" sauce (which is nothing to me today but extremely hot back then), and they weren't marked; you bit into a HOT taco and you had to finish it before grabbing another. I didn't hit a hot one until my last. I put away 8 (1st place, 9) and got a free t-shirt on top of it! I still have the shirt but it has shrunk over the years.
Anyone else stuff themselves for fun, fame and profit? :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.... I just had tacos for dinner last night! So how long until you had another taco after the eating contest?

I used Quick Reply Icon to reply, Post Reply not working.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure it's the shirt that shrunk? Blah

And honestly, I gag a bit when I see those guys stuffing all those hot dogs like that

How DARE you question me!!! Yes, the shirt shrank!!!

Blah

Yeah, most eating contests are disgusting. Eating 8 tacos in one sitting wasn't too far off from my normal appetite, at least when I was 19. :D