Comparison Test 07 Jap 600's

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems like the majority of the people out there are against the digital tack on the 04/05 models, but i have come to like it better than the analog tachs.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't care for the digital tach on my 06 at first, but after a month or so, I never needed to look at it anyway. The FZ6 has a rev limiter, so what's the point? The whole idea of a tachometer (or rev counter as it used to be known) is primarily to prevent over-revving, and secondly to keep the engine within it's "power band". I think an FZ6 is the most obvious bike I've ever ridden as to whether or not I'm in the "power band", and over-revving is almost impossible unless I downshift to 1st at 100 kph or miss a shift....and even the most easily-read tach won't help anyone there.
IOW, I hardly ever check my RPM's these days.
As far as the intrument's general appearance goes, imho the 06 FZ6's instrument cluster is far more aesthetically pleasing than the 07's.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It seems like the majority of the people out there are against the digital tack on the 04/05 models, but i have come to like it better than the analog tachs.
+1 mate, I thought that the tach was a bit gimicky to start with. The LED bar was next to useless to start with. But now im used to it. I know when the tach is 1/3rd around the dial the power is comming. When its half way im really in the zone. 3/4 round the dial and im changing undies.