Color Tires - please share opinion!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fred made this cool sticker that says, "Chrome don't get you home" Well I think we can tweak that to; "Chrome, fur, colored tires and candy apple paint jobs don't get you home"

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Fred made this cool sticker that says, "Chrome don't get you home" Well I think we can tweak that to; "Chrome, fur, colored tires and candy apple paint jobs don't get you home"

I'm beginning to think that you don't like the colored tires:rolleyes:

I think it is almost unanimous.:eek:

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's your answer brother, these things are RETREADS!!!!!!!

Oh this brings more questions in my mind than I can comprehend! Like do the carcasses match??? Or do I get one Avon and one Conti??? No thanks, I'll pass....

Cycle Tires - Frequently Asked Questions

1. The tires that you sell are "remanufactured", what does that mean?

We use radial tire carcasses to remold our proprietary rubber process onto the used tire carcass. Our process is similar in many ways to how a new tire is made. The only thing that is recycled is the carcass. The method is not like a truck tire, which has a pre-cured tread, applied with glue. Our tires are mechanically shaved down via a computer controlled buffing machine to a precise level and then new, uncured rubber is reapplied via a computerized extruding machine in pre-selected compounds. The tires are then inserted into individual molds that have the tread patterns in them and they are recured at high temperature and high pressure….just like a new tire. The motorcycle tires are manufactured with the same processes and quality assurance checks as our aircraft retreads. We use all types of carcass in our process, the types and designs are similar to what you would see coming off of any current bike.

Nice detective work!! I agree with Pete, your life depends on your tires. :thumbup:

No f'ing way I would by retreads for my bike.:spank:

Not to mention that they are UGLY:spank:

Also if you read the FAQ a little further, they state that DOT has no standards for retread motorcycle tires:eek:

Forget the retreads..save your skin.:rolleyes: