CO tuning help please

Skylardog123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey , so new fz6 owner here, its an 04, i bought it with anaftermarket yoshimura eexhaust on it, and it has a ton of power, but i feel like it should have a bit more or at least idle smoother, not that its bad, but my main concern is thay it pops alot on decel, no matter what when im not on the throttle it pops, and i read thag it means its running too rich. And that you can ground the wire and adjust fuel ratio through the dash, this is the first bike ive owned and not very good when it comes to these type of mods, but once i get to the menu. To make it run leaner do i increase the value, or deacrease it, and by how much, and do i do both C01 and C02 the same , like if i add 10 to C01, do i at 10 to C02 as well? Any help is appreciated

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey , so new fz6 owner here, its an 04, i bought it with anaftermarket yoshimura eexhaust on it, and it has a ton of power, but i feel like it should have a bit more

Hi, i am a new owner of an 04 fz6, it has 42k miles on it with a yoshimure exhaust, it runs amazing, has all the power i think it should

Which is it?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might use a sniffer to monitor your air to fuel ratio. After you know your valve lash has been checked you can do a compression check and a throttle body sync. to confirm the engine will respond correctly to further adjustments.:)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you could check the fuel air ratio from the diag menu. And not sure how to sync throttle bodies?

You can adjust CO values but you won't know A/F ratio without a sniffer. There are a lot of threads on TB adjustments here on the forum. I always find the forum search gives me good results on any info and experience for the FZ6.