co adjustment...... need input

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
ive read alot about the co adjustment and some sites say it does nothing some say it does. when i got my bike my headers blued bad and i didnt think anything about it. since ive read all this it has me wondering if i should try to adjust it. i also read somewhere sombody did an airbox mod and killed their throttle response. and that solved their prob. well i dont have an airbox i took it out and just put 4 pod filters on the throttle bodies. it hurt my throttle response but gained once it got past the lug. so what should i do. if its not guna do anything i dont wana waste my time. i dont have a meter to read the gas or access to a dyno. give me your thoughts on the subject. thanks.

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
So what did you do with the intake temperature sensor?

I'd suggest your motor is running very lean and will probably not be very healthy for too long without huge increases in fuelling. CO adjustment won't make enough difference to help you.

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
i got a small filter from auto zone a tiny one that just fits the end of it. and k&n said just keep it neer the filters so i tucked it between 2 and3

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
that would be for the crankcase breather wouldn't it?

so what did you do with the intake temperature sensor? the one that screws into the airbox...

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
thats it there was only one sensor and 4 vent pipes. the sensor plugged in the bottom righ of the box to read the air after it came through the filter. so thats why i fit it in its own filter and put it between the others so the reading would be as close as possible if not right.

DHoback

Reaction score
Visit site
Im the one who did the box mod and had throttle lag. And yes, adjusting the co values completely cured it. my advice would be to run the airbox. I dont like pods.....they kill intake velocity. But do try adjusting the co values. You wont hurt a thing and it can only help.

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
ok finally figured it out. they were both set to 0 i went up five havent seen what itll do yet but thanks for the info guys.

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
heres the filters i put em on cuz in theory cold air more power. the air while moving goes under the front of the tank and the sides. but as far as having it tested i havent. sitting still there would be no more power and i dont know if you wold see any defference on a dyno cuz its not moving. but you may be right they just looked cool as hell when i put em on before the caps started to rust.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Turbulence reduces horsepower. An intake is only going to take in as much air as the engine sucks. Smoothing the flow will increase power which is why the airbox has velocity stacks. Looks neat but inefficient to me.