Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

BenSF

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, got the parts from you last night, and I'm working on the levers as we speak. I'm all out of shielding gas again for my welder though so they won't be done for a couple more days. Be patient and have no fear! :rockon:

KN, you are a life saver! Really appreciate it!!!:rockon::Sport:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are gonna love this mod makes it so nice to ride. HOLE #3 is really nice, but that will make a whole lotta sense when you install. KN'a install instructions are easy to follow, just be careful taking the circlip off don't prise it off with a screw driver coz it will ping off into the darkest recess oF your garage!!!finding small circlip pliers was my biggest hold up. Cheap Chinese ones did the job($5) better than forking out $35 for a tool I'll not need again
Anyway enjoy

Solace

Reaction score
Visit site
Payment sent. Unique Transaction ID # 2J703103SA057050N.

I am also having the parts sent to you from PowersportsPlus

Thanks KN. :)

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
KN will you still be doing these in the November, December time frame I just don't want to take my bike outta comission till the season is over! Also would you have any issues shipping to a Military APO address via US Postal Service thanks

jay5687

Reaction score
Visit site
KN i have been trying to get a set of these for about 7 months but i never seem to get in on the batch i really would like this mod what do i need to do to get these i have sent a pm and i kno you probably couldnt answer cause i kno you super busy but if you can find the time or anyone else that has had this done alredy help me wit the process and kn please let me kno when the next batch will be or if i can do it now thank you soooooo much everyone

jay5687

Reaction score
Visit site
ok i took the time to read back and saw that i can buy the parts and ship them to kn directly and pay 50 bucks so kn if you could just let me kno wheater i can have the new ones shipped to you send you the money now or wait to the next batch then order the new one send the money?

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
KN will you still be doing these in the November, December time frame I just don't want to take my bike outta comission till the season is over! Also would you have any issues shipping to a Military APO address via US Postal Service thanks

I will be building them until I run out of lever blanks. I have quite a few left, so don't worry. I'd almost prefer to get the parts off your bike in the winter time than try to get cores organized. Apparently, that process is a pain in the rear.

As for the guys that ordered the cores I've got, I was swamped at work this week and couldn't work on them until today. This pretty much took me all day to do these. I'm going to clean, media blast, and powder coat them tomorrow and then mail them first thing Monday morning.

I took the improvement suggestions you guys told me and cut a slit in the cable hanger to aid in reassembly. I think you guys will like it.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered cant find the transaction id when I do I'll post it. Thanks again

Edit 1 19434353JG755274E trans id

Last edited:

BenSF

Reaction score
Visit site
As for the guys that ordered the cores I've got, I was swamped at work this week and couldn't work on them until today. This pretty much took me all day to do these. I'm going to clean, media blast, and powder coat them tomorrow and then mail them first thing Monday morning.

I took the improvement suggestions you guys told me and cut a slit in the cable hanger to aid in reassembly. I think you guys will like it.

They look amazing! The new slit is a great idea! Can't wait to put it on and try it out! Thanks for the great work and craftsmanship! :rockon:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Reini, what did you cut the slot with? If I ever need to take the bracket off I would put in a slot,
is it just an angle grinder cut off wheel width cut?

It is still the best mod I reckon so very very functional
cheers

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Reini, what did you cut the slot with? If I ever need to take the bracket off I would put in a slot,
is it just an angle grinder cut off wheel width cut?

It is still the best mod I reckon so very very functional
cheers

The new mod makes the added on mount, exactly as the stock piece. Your original KN piece(without the slice, had to have the cable routed thru the opening. Now, just the inner cable cable can slide sideways into place. Unless your pulling your cable off all the time, its not super important, just a little easier initially assembling.

Actually, it appears to me, if you run the cable thru the hole before bolting the main bracket to the block it makes no difference..

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah was more out of curiousity really, I cant think why, except when the cable has to be replaced, I would ever need to take off the bracket and as you say putting the cable on and then bolting the bracket is much much easier

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah was more out of curiousity really, I cant think why, except when the cable has to be replaced, I would ever need to take off the bracket and as you say putting the cable on and then bolting the bracket is much much easier

If anything, the KN main stay WITHOUT THE SLOT, is going to be a knats hair stronger.

Not that it makes much of a difference as your not pulling 200 lbs thru/against that added on sleeve...

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
If anything, the KN main stay WITHOUT THE SLOT, is going to be a knats hair stronger.

Not that it makes much of a difference as your not pulling 200 lbs thru/against that added on sleeve...

Correct, the pull on the cable in that position is less than it would be in the stock location, so I don't anticipate anything breaking here because of the slit. The slit just makes it easier to pull the cable in or out with the bracket still on the bike and to make it easier to install the cable with the little rubber grommet still on it.

The slot is the width of 2 3" cutoff wheels stacked on top of each other. Not sure what that precise dimension is, but it is wide enough that I can slip the inner cable through it on my bike.

Last edited: