Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just keep checking this thread. Try to be patient. It takes a while to get everyone on board for a batch large enough. Trust me - it's worth the wait.

Jonohoff

Reaction score
Visit site
Just keep checking this thread. Try to be patient. It takes a while to get everyone on board for a batch large enough. Trust me - it's worth the wait.

Hey thanks man. Ya i don't mind waiting... ok that's not true lol but I CAN wait. But mostly just wanted some assurance I didn't just miss a recent batch :D

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok quick update guys:

So far, of the original group of people, I've only received 5 levers back as cores. Now, 5 is the minimum to do each batch of levers without making new tooling, as the jigs I've made to cut the levers and mount them to the lathe take 5 levers at once. I'm going to do this run, but if I don't get any levers back as cores, I'm going to have to stop making them. My grand plan was to have a steady stream of them going out and coming in with little lag time, but I'm not getting them back in so it makes things much more difficult for me.

That being said, I've received 2 $70 payments from ziggomatic and jonohoff, and I've got 2 more core refunds to process on paypal this evening. I'll be building these 5 levers this weekend and shipping out next week, so if you want one, please call dibs in this thread and shoot me the $70 paypal with your address and username and I'll lock you in.

Remember, 3 left, first come first served!!!

OH AND I NEED CORES!!!!

;)

cranduit

Reaction score
Visit site
Payment sent Transaction ID: 5WS669163X1814239

Message got cut off so I emailed my address separate, but the message contains my username.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
KN, not to want to open a can of worms, but I have a Mate....

LOL!

Anyway, he just bought a brand new ZX6R and has the same problem.

Theoretically, if we purchased the relevant parts from ROn Ayers or whatever, and I did some research, would it be possible to manufacture a clutch slave lever for the ZX6R?

(I'd check clearances and the like, but IF it is a very similar situation, then hopefully....)

Please let me know!

Cheers,
Rick

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously?? I've been waiting for this since the first time you did it... So a LONG time... Gotta PM me because I really want this mod, been waiting quite a while to do it.
Can't stand how nice my MX clutch is to pull in and then go to the FZ and it sucks.

BenSF

Reaction score
Visit site
KN - I got desparately, desparate and bought the parts from Ron Ayers and sent them to you. You should have received them by now, hopefully you can include me with this next batch.

I've replaced + oiled my clutch cable, and installed new adjustable levers, both of which helped, but still far far from ideal. I live, work and ride in San Francisco, and the steep hills have been challenging to say the least with the FZ's narrow friction zone. It is not only inconvenient due to the occasional stalls, but also potentially very dangerous...I now just avoid major hills completely. I am in bad need of your help KN or may simply considering selling my FZ6. Would really appreciate your help KN!

BenSF

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
KN - I got desparately, desparate and bought the parts from Ron Ayers and sent them to you. You should have received them by now, hopefully you can include me with this next batch.

I've replaced + oiled my clutch cable, and installed new adjustable levers, both of which helped, but still far far from ideal. I live, work and ride in San Francisco, and the steep hills have been challenging to say the least with the FZ's narrow friction zone. It is not only inconvenient due to the occasional stalls, but also potentially very dangerous...I now just avoid major hills completely. I am in bad need of your help KN or may simply considering selling my FZ6. Would really appreciate your help KN!

BenSF

Yep, got the parts from you last night, and I'm working on the levers as we speak. I'm all out of shielding gas again for my welder though so they won't be done for a couple more days. Be patient and have no fear! :rockon:

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, got the parts from you last night, and I'm working on the levers as we speak. I'm all out of shielding gas again for my welder though so they won't be done for a couple more days. Be patient and have no fear! :rockon:

really appreciate the hard work, count me in on the next batch if i log into the forum fast enough lol.:spank: