Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

ItsAllGood

Pro Aris et Focis
Reaction score
Visit site
Supplies ordered today. Sent the CAD drawings off to my waterjet guy. He usually takes about a week to finish up the parts. Mcmaster stuff will be here in a few days.

Paid and parts arrived (17 sets in so far and accounted for):
JonM
edgeofnj
boars
Zargof
njbill
Vlonjati
mdunlap
patrickb37
agf
dpaul007
NorCal FZ6
RandomChaos
Popeye70
Jacs
Mayassa
jaxness
pookamatic

If your status isn't represented properly below, please update it. If you have paid, please put your name in the list. I'm not the best at organization, so this will help me out quite a bit. Next step is to build a spreadsheet of handles, names and addresses. I really should have thought of that first.

Paid (Waiting on parts):
wx4p
Itsallgood -2 Sets Headed your way Priority Mail (5/2).
fryguy-paypal sent 4/22(rob freiboth), parts ordered from PortYamaha shipping to you. Will update with shipping date when I know it. *update* parts shipped today(4/27) to you**

Waiting on payment?
beekerfz
mxgolf - Mark Goodale Parts ordered ship May 12? Will send paypal today!
mave2911 - organising parts/shipping....
charleyb - parts ordered ( Canada )

wx4p

Reaction score
Visit site
Supplies ordered today. Sent the CAD drawings off to my waterjet guy. He usually takes about a week to finish up the parts. Mcmaster stuff will be here in a few days.

Paid and parts arrived (17 sets in so far and accounted for):
JonM
edgeofnj
boars
Zargof
njbill
Vlonjati
mdunlap
patrickb37
agf
dpaul007
NorCal FZ6
RandomChaos
Popeye70
Jacs
Mayassa
jaxness
pookamatic
wx4p - Tracking indicates parts delivered 5/2

If your status isn't represented properly below, please update it. If you have paid, please put your name in the list. I'm not the best at organization, so this will help me out quite a bit. Next step is to build a spreadsheet of handles, names and addresses. I really should have thought of that first.

Paid (Waiting on parts):
Itsallgood -2 Sets Headed your way Priority Mail (5/2).
fryguy-paypal sent 4/22(rob freiboth), parts ordered from PortYamaha shipping to you. Will update with shipping date when I know it. *update* parts shipped today(4/27) to you**

Waiting on payment?
beekerfz
mxgolf - Mark Goodale Parts ordered ship May 12? Will send paypal today!
mave2911 - organising parts/shipping....
charleyb - parts ordered ( Canada )

blackbird47

Reaction score
Visit site
Greeetings. Great idea!!! I'm a new member withan 05' FZ6. Where do I send my existing slave lever to and where can I find the linl to Paypal. Thanks much

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
If you go back a few pages you will see the trend where people copy, pasted, and updated a repeating post. This contains killernoodle's email, home addy, part numbers, BUT...

I believe you missed this round of modifications. Supplies for orders have already been ordered. He will probably do another batch, but I don't know when that will be.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Paypal address is [email protected]
Price is $50 to have your parts modified.

Slave lever: 5VX-16340-00-00
Clutch cable holder: 5VX-15441-00-00

Paid and parts arrived:
1. jaxness
2. JonM - Paypal sent 4/18 - parts to be shipped from Ron Ayers (order #296403)
2. NorCal FZ6
6. Zargof7
10. edgeofnj
12. boars - as of 4/24 Now shipped from RonAyers (296450)
13. patrickb37
15. njbill
16. dpaul007
18. Vlonjati
19. pookamatic

Parts received, not paid:

Paid (Waiting on parts):
1. agf - paypal received - parts sent
7. RandomChaos - shipped from PowersportsPlus 4/26 (Order #70161535) - Payment Sent
8. wx4p
9. Mayassa i just ordered from PowerSportsPlus shipped to you, order# is 70161808 and paypal'd ! I'm In!
17. Jacs- PowersportsPlus Order# 70162173 & Paypal is paid
20. Popeye70 - money is paypal'd, parts ship from PowerSportsPlus (#70161655)
21. Itsallgood - PayPal sent, est ship on parts-4/26, PowerSportsPlus (# 70163367)
22. mdunlap - paypal sent - parts pending shipping(a day or so)
24. fryguy-paypal sent 4/22(rob freiboth), parts ordered from PortYamaha shipping to you. Will update with shipping date when I know it. *update* parts shipped today(4/27) to you**

Waiting on payment?
5. beekerfz
11. mxgolf - Mark Goodale Parts ordered ship May 12? Will send paypal today! Paid and parts sent 5-2-201214. mave2911 - organising parts/shipping....
23. charleyb - parts ordered ( Canada )

charleyb

Reaction score
Visit site
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Paid and parts arrived:
1. jaxness
2. NorCal FZ6
6. Zargof7
10. edgeofnj
13. patrickb37
15. njbill
16. dpaul007
18. Vlonjati
19. pookamatic

Paid (Waiting on parts):
7. RandomChaos - shipped from PowersportsPlus 4/26 (Order #70161535) - Payment Sent
8. wx4p
9. Mayassa i just ordered from PowerSportsPlus shipped to you, order# is 70161808 and paypal'd ! I'm In!
21. Itsallgood - PayPal sent, est ship on parts-4/26, PowerSportsPlus (# 70163367)

24. fryguy-paypal sent 4/22(rob freiboth), parts ordered from PortYamaha shipping to you. Will update with shipping date when I know it. *update* parts shipped today(4/27) to you**

Waiting on payment?
5. beekerfz
11. mxgolf - Mark Goodale Parts ordered ship May 12? Will send paypal today! Paid and parts sent 5-2-201214. mave2911 - organising parts/shipping....

23. charleyb - paypal'd 5/1, parts mailed from Canada same day

mdunlap

Reaction score
Visit site
This is not the most up to date list. Look back at killernoodles posts.

Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Paid and parts arrived:
1. jaxness
2. NorCal FZ6
6. Zargof7
10. edgeofnj
13. patrickb37
15. njbill
16. dpaul007
18. Vlonjati
19. pookamatic

Paid (Waiting on parts):
8. wx4p

Waiting on payment?
5. beekerfz
23. charleyb - parts ordered ( Canada )

vlonjati

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention too: I lost the original clutch lever drawing file, so I decided to do something extra special for you guys: The lever is now gong to be slightly longer, with 4 holes instead of 3. The first hole is stock length, the rest are spaced .325" apart. Pivot to pivot, the farthest hole will be 2.75" vs stock 1.55". If the clutch shaft takes 50 inch pounds (theoretical number) to twist and the lever is 2.75" long, the force the cable must exert is 18.18 pounds. With the stock lever, the cable must exert 32.25 pounds. This will put even less strain on the cable and less strain on your hand as well. This also translates into a longer friction zone. Everyone wins!

I also opted to go for a stainless arm instead of mild steel and stainless shouldered bolts instead of pins this time around. I think you guys will like the updates.:rockon:
Hi killernoodle,

How are you doing? How is this project coming about? Got any updates for us? Pics?
Thank you for your work man.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi killernoodle,

How are you doing? How is this project coming about? Got any updates for us? Pics?
Thank you for your work man.

I'm waiting to hear back from the waterjet guys. I sent the drawings off last week. McMaster order says it shipped, it should be here early this week but I can't do much without the waterjet stuff.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Paid and parts arrived:
JonM
edgeofnj
boars
Zargof
njbill
Vlonjati
mdunlap
patrickb37
agf
dpaul007
NorCal FZ6
RandomChaos
Popeye70
Jacs
Mayassa
jaxness
pookamatic
wx4p
Itsallgood
fryguy

Waiting on parts:
mxgolf
charleyb

I'm building the spreadsheet right now, but I'm missing some addresses. I threw away all the boxes last week and forgot to write them all down :ban:

Please PM me your address if you are below:
boars
Zargof
njbill
Vlonjati
dpaul007
pookamatic
wx4p

From the look of things, we are going to have a lot of cores for a few rounds of levers. I told the waterjet guy to cut me 50 of them. Still waiting on when they'll be done. The good news is that if you missed this first round, there is a great chance you will be able to get a lever kit once I get a solid number of cores back in. So just hold out on the paypal payments until I give the go ahead for the second round of levers. There should be plenty for everyone.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
KN, having problems getting these parts - the wrecker I had lined up sold them to someone else.

I notice you're getting the arms made so exactly what do I need to send you? (and can any guys that might have a wrecker close by help me out? If you can find me what's needed I'll send money via Paypal or whatever)

Cheers,
Rick

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If need be, and you don't mind a wait, you can consider my core your parts! I will be sending my core to him once I get my lever installed :)

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Are you shipping these outside US, to Sweden for example? :cheer:

Of course!

Little update from the waterjet guy: he said he is having trouble opening up the DXF file I sent him. I'm waiting for him to come back to me and let me know what kind of file I need to send him for it to open on his machine.

VenCe

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course!

Little update from the waterjet guy: he said he is having trouble opening up the DXF file I sent him. I'm waiting for him to come back to me and let me know what kind of file I need to send him for it to open on his machine.

Okay, great. How do I sign up for the next delivery?