Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Having trouble finding these parts, but I have a Mate in Sydney that has a Mate in Sydney - that has a Mate in Sydney, that works at a wrecker.

So, does anybody know the part numbers?

I have told him I need the 'clutch slave lever' and 'clutch cable guide' (from behind the cylinders).

Will that give him enough info? (and do I need it specifically for the '05, or will any model do?)

I really want to get these things so KN can do 1 batch.

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
from post (approx) #31
5VX-15441-00-00 -Cable Holder

5VX-16340-00-00 clutch actuator lever

and in the very first post are pics of both the levers and bracket, which I printed out and took to the Yammy dealer when I started looking. The guys then put me onto the wreckers.
When I was tat Vic Motorcycle wreckers we looked at R6 clutch covers and they are different.
I believe the lever is the same on Fz6 S and the S2, but it must be an FZ6 clutch set up, more so for the cable bracket positioning on the motor. I think the collar with the splines and the cable nipple holder are the important bits on the lever, KN changes the length of that lever anyway, so as long as it would fit onto the clutch shaft it might be ok

good luck Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Adrian (should have gone back to the start of the thread myself!)

I have hosted the photos on my FB and sent him the part numbers, so fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
fingers crossed indeed, I reckon this is the best way to go, getting parts to KN so he can deal with all of them in one go, hopefully its a win-win-win situation all round, but if you cant source any we can still look at the swap out option if KN is prepared to "stagger" his modding schedule.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Already found some - $30 for the pair, but my brother has another guy ringing him later today that might be able to do better!

Have you shipped yours yet Adrian? (if not, I might send mine to you and pay half US postage?)

Does anybody else want some? I might be able to get a couple of sets.

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nah not yet Rick, KN hasnt called for them but as soon as he is ready.
He asked that folk not PM him as his in-box is chocka.
(for our US readers chocka is short for choc-a-block or full)
So I am waiting for the word to come through on the thread.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I'm in Oz, and shipping is going to be bloody expensive, and take ages, a friend of a friend of my brothers in a diesel fitter, and might be able to do one for me.

Not wanting to step on anyones toes, but is there any chance I could get the specifications of the modification and see if he could manufacture the upgrade here for me?

If KN wants to corner the market, and will not release the details of the engineering/specs he developed, I completely understand - but if he doesn't mind, on the other hand.....

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Or, with permission of KN, if anyone else knows the length of the arm, pivot to spline, we can work the rest out ourselves! Thanks.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for sure. Just let us know what you want from us and we shall make it happen. Thanks sounds like you are a busy guy we do appreciate all you do for us at the forum!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is definitely the best. By far the most annoying thing is getting levers in one at a time and then having to set up all the equipment and get everything tuned up just to do a single one. If I can run a whole batch at one time, it isn't too bad.
Hey KN,
Mave2911(Rick) and I are planning to send our levers and brackets in one shipment form OZ to save on shipping costs, but to be sure we get them to you in plenty of time, we need to make sure we get our act together and organise our end.
Is it worth us sending our stuff to you so you have it for when you are set to go or would you like us to wait?
cheers
agf (Adrian)

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm back I the market for one of these reputedly fantastic clutch mods. Didn't get all the parts. But now I don't have my core parts, so I'll probably want to send mine in for a quick turnaround if KN can do that. Alternatively, since the only parts I need are the slave lever cable hanger and the pin and associated retention mechanism that attaches it to the slave lever. If I can get KN's part numbers for the pin and retaining mechanism and/or washer(s), I can order another factory slave lever to get the hanger, or disassemble (un-rivet?) my own without destroying it.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great! I would like to get one for sure. Count me in. :thumbup: what's the latest ordering instructions? Get the parts and send in when Killernoodle starts making batches?

Last edited: