Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats no problem.

I've finished fabricating all 10 levers I've received and finally got my blasting cabinet in so I can start powder coating tomorrow. They should be shipped out Thursday morning... so if you're one of the 10 on the "parts received" list, expect to get your levers in the mail early next week :)

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats no problem.

I've finished fabricating all 10 levers I've received and finally got my blasting cabinet in so I can start powder coating tomorrow. They should be shipped out Thursday morning... so if you're one of the 10 on the "parts received" list, expect to get your levers in the mail early next week :)

Eagerly awaiting the finished product :sinister:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
CRAP CRAP CRAP
I just took a look at the washers I got from mcmaster and they aren't going to work. The washers keep the part that pivots on the end of the lever from rubbing the powder coat offf the levers.

In happier news, all 10 levers have been blasted and coated- they look quite nice actually!

Last edited:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
One more thing I just figured out: the little hair pin cotter pins on the clevis pins suck! They don't really stay on the clevis pins very well and will most likely rattle out.

I'm just going to order the circlip style pins I got last time and just stick with those. Ordering the new washers too. Looks like the parts will be shipping early next week :(

Shoey

Reaction score
Visit site
No worries, killer. I'm sure most of us would rather wait a few more days rather than get stuck out on the road because of a missing pin.

Besides, we've got all summer to enjoy your mod. Might as well do it once and do it right. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
Likewise, definitely willing to wait to have it done right too. I'm actually glad you're not going with the cotter pins, I've never been a big fan. And they're ugly too. :D

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the others. Take what time you need. I would sooner '"buy it once, for life" than have to mess around with a defective product.

Besides... it's snowing here too. :D

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I have every lever that has been paid for, I'm finishing up the last 3 levers (2 that came in today and friday) and my brother's tonight.

All the pins and washers just got dropped off at my door... SO

The levers will ship off tomorrow :rockon:

kmh0

Reaction score
Visit site
hey, i live in raleigh so i'm right in between where you live and go to school! What's the cost and are you still accepting levers? THANKS!

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
hey, i live in raleigh so i'm right in between where you live and go to school! What's the cost and are you still accepting levers? THANKS!

Cost is in the original post and yes, I'm still taking levers.

Btw, I graduated 2 years ago, so you can see I've been out of this game for a while lol. I should update my status.

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome man! Excited to put them on the bike, not that I can ride the damn thing right now. lol.

Send that guinea pig brother of yours out for a ride will ya? ;) After seeing "v1" of this mod, I'm confident there won't be any problems anyways. :thumbup:

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know where I can buy a new lever to send straight to killernoodle so I don't have to take mine off...

If you're still doing them?

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know where I can buy a new lever to send straight to killernoodle so I don't have to take mine off...

If you're still doing them?

killernoodle has lined up an independent supplier for levers, but not the brackets, which he can speak to the details of, but:

I see you're in OH, not that far from me, or Canada. I ordered both parts from a large dealer in Toronto. I can't recall or locate the dealer name (I got the reference from Yamaha Canada, who only sells them through their dealer network) but they had several in-stock, and encouraged more orders.

If you're willing to pay to have them shipped internationally and make a few phone calls to arrange it, you can have them at your door fairly quickly.