Closest I've been so far... Death?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well this just happened about 15min after posting in maves thread, I wanted to go get a bite to eat for breakfast. I'm not even a mile from my house on this big 4lane main rd just taking it easy and enjoying the awesome morning, I'm in the left lane not a sole around me then there is a small group of cars heading the opposite direction and I hear a faint horn blowing so I focus on the lead car (a 07ish black Toyota camery) and I see him brake check the guy tail gateing him then the Toyota starts to swerve a little, then a lot, a big fish tail left (I'm off throttle and slowing down laughing my ass off watching this idiot get what he deserves) then a big fish tail to the right, left then the car swerved right spinning out cutting across 5 lanes of traffic going bassakwards and I started swerving and braking at the same time an see the car pass withen a few feet of me then straight back into a ditch. I went from laughing to ****ting my pants in about 1sec flat! I literally felt pieces of rubber and asphalt hitting my helmet as the car spun right in front of me!!! That's how frickin close it was!!! I stoped to see if the guy was ok but before I could even get off my bike he took off with his face red as blood. It just goes to show you that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AND DOES HAPPEN!

After the guy took off I turned around and put my bike in the spot where I had come to a stop before and took some pics to give y'all a idea of just how friggin close this was!

Right here I'm standing just before where my bike came to a stop and you can see the black mark crossing all the lanes
View attachment 44941

View attachment 44942

I put my bike where I figured the car actually crossed in front of me at, it looks like about ~15ft but at this time I was still moving maybe 25mph
View attachment 44943

Where the car came to a rest
View attachment 44944

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Pro: You got a laugh and the other drivers got an easy lesson.
Pro: You got to share this story with us.
Pro: We all get a reminder how quickly things can go from butterflies to spiders.

win. win. win.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy effin crap!! So glad you came out of it OK, man! God damn cagers! :ban: them all from the road!! :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're okay man! Being alert probably put you in the right positions for avoidance.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
......did you still ended up getting breakfast? if so, what did you get?

Glad you're ok and thanks for sharing :rockon:

Lol no I kind of lost my appetite after that. I was planing on going to the awful waffle aka waffle house though.

I'm still kind of curious as to why the car spun out in the 1st place? I saw him slam on brakes but I didn't see any damage to the rear of the car like maybe the car he tried brake checking rear ended him. All of his tires still looked fine so no blowout. The only other thing that I can think of is maybe after brake checking that guy he tried swerving back and fourth to scare him but ended up loosing control?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another case in point of "your number wasn't up". . . but ya, stuff can get ugly faster than a blink of an eye. . . Glad all is well and the Fiz honored your request to stop quickly! :thumbup:

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I am alive....... I sustained no injuries past a bruised pride which I actually pretty boastful. I thru my fz down the road about 2 and a 1/2 hrs from home was wearing all gear and am fine thats the closest I've came this happened this morning at about 9:30

Last edited:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I am alive....... I sustained no injuries past a bruised pride which I actually pretty boastful. I thru my fz down the road about 2 and a 1/2 hrs from home was wearing all gear and am fine thats the closest I've came this happened this morning at about 9:30

wow, glad you're alright, bikes can be replaced, humans not so much

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Lol no I kind of lost my appetite after that. I was planing on going to the awful waffle aka waffle house though.

I'm still kind of curious as to why the car spun out in the 1st place? I saw him slam on brakes but I didn't see any damage to the rear of the car like maybe the car he tried brake checking rear ended him. All of his tires still looked fine so no blowout. The only other thing that I can think of is maybe after brake checking that guy he tried swerving back and fourth to scare him but ended up loosing control?

Front wheel drive cars will swap ends at the drop of a hat, when they get sideways. Saw that a lot in the NE, years ago. Most of the vehicles that hit the barriers in the center of the road do so arse end first.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Front wheel drive cars will swap ends at the drop of a hat, when they get sideways. Saw that a lot in the NE, years ago. Most of the vehicles that hit the barriers in the center of the road do so arse end first.

Yeah I had a honda prelude that I used as a beater and could actually do a 360 in by forcing it to get tail happy, but I'm still curious as to what made the car get "tail happy" I'm leaning towards the driver since I didnt see any other damage