Clip Ons

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am pretty sure a thread was allready made but i need some infoody pos. I am looking for a clip on set or some other handle bars are out there. I want to get a little more front or sportiier ride and lower the bars alltogether. If there was a thread can someone send it, or do you know of one that not only fits but brings it the body position more like a sport bike. I want to lean foward and bring the bars closer to the bike and drop the risers to lowers

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL, for a ride with all you guy's (i'm not sure gal's) and a weekend in the twist and turns, and road rash:Sport: it's well worth it.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
do we know anyone who did the clip-ons, and if who.....did it, or does it hit the fairing :( (i dont want to cut it) and as far as the tank, a little knock knock is ok, BUT NO DENTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:(:( just jokeing, if anything i will ride the dragon with someone that knows the way threw it a few times. I will also be video tapeing it. I will be bringing a digital camera along with a digital cam corder to tape all the fun. While we are there in the houses i will bring AV jacks so we can watch it that night or nights. BUT SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO BRING THE POPCORN.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
do we know anyone who did the clip-ons, and if who.....did it, or does it hit the fairing :( (i dont want to cut it) and as far as the tank, a little knock knock is ok, BUT NO DENTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back on track lol. Defy has clipons and so does Jonac. I beleive that they do hit the fairing slightly. I wish that I was bale to go with you all to the Dragon.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't put clipons on your FZ6 unless you're doing track days and the handle bar is really holding you back. It's a pain in the *** to make it all work well and they are not cheap...definitly worth it for me, but that's just me. My FZ6 will one day retire from the track at which point I will be reinstalling the handle bar it came with.

Read that other clipon thread for a ton of info...
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If not clip-ons, does anyone know of instead of haveing risers, what about lowers. I hope that made sense. I just want to lower the bars and shorten the distance from end to end. A little more of a lower look then upright,
ANY IDEAS

W

wrightme43

Or leave steering alone as it works good as is. Much more benifits are to be had with rider practice and training that can be had with motorcycle modification.

W

wrightme43

Good deal. If you spend that same money on a riding school you will do alot better than someone that spent three times the money on bike parts.

Si7878

Reaction score
Visit site
i have done the clipon thing... yup they do hit the tank, just.. on full lock.. can still use the steering lock though... i got em custom made, with the fitting and a second top triple clamp has set me back about $700AUD.. expensive i know but i'm happy with the results...

has sharpened the steering quite alot with more weight over the front, much more well.. sharp..lol

as for rider training.. yup great idea, but hey why not customise your bike aswell?? dunno why it has to be one or the other..

i have one of the best looking fz's around now.. a few mods have made a world of difference...

check it out at 2004 YAMAHA FZ6N - BikePoint