Check out my brand new 2007 FZ6!!!

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Woo hoo! I've joined the club and got my own!!!

View attachment 2267

It only had 6 miles on it when I took possession of it (forgot to take a pic of the odometer). I met up with Gemini77, who also picked up his new FZ6. He and my other buddy have the pics of our bikes side by side I'm afraid, so he'll have to post those up. Slapped my Motovation Frame Sliders on, while still in the lot, then hit the road home!

Though it was partly cloudy and about 32-36F today, I still managed to put on about 30 miles of riding... 15 from the dealership and another 15 after I'd slapped all of the mods on. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon tossing the modifications I'd bought, onto the bike. I added Motovation Frame & Axel sliders, SW-Motech's Handlebar Risers, FAZR6's Fender Eliminator. Vizi-Tec Brake Modulator, and Throttlemeister's Heavy Cruise-Control bar-ends.

All I can say is WOW, what a different riding experience, between this and the Vulcan! If nothing else, shifting on the FZ6 is so different from my cruiser as I'm not used to being able to kick up the RPMs. Being 5'5", I found that the handlebar risers made a HUGE difference in my riding posture and comfort. Also since I'm short, I tried to reduce the suspension but don't weigh enough for it to matter, so I put it back at the default setting. I had to one-foot or two-foot tippy-toe a lot, so I will definitely be doing something about my seat ASAP.

I'm definitely loving it, and am looking forward to more time on BOTH bikes! Here's some side-by-sides with the Vulcan 800 Classic!

View attachment 2268

View attachment 2269

Let's see... next on the list, do something about the windshield, pull all of the stickers, and figure out how to shave my seat.

Where the hell is Spring already?!?!

i feel like i just said this in another thread...

But nice purchase, i am partial to the blue and that is a fine looking bike, Enjoy it and congrats on the purchase.

Can you get the bar risers for the 06 model? Where and how much? I feel like I need to sit up a little more. Thanks!! Nice bike to.

Congratulations!

I'm in the far SW Suburbs of Chicago and I picked up my '07 Blue FZ6 yesterday as well! I'm wondering what dealer you got yours from, as my dealer had another blue and red one prepped and ready for pickup as well. It was Highlands Yamaha in Countryside for me. It was a pretty chilly ride back home (50+ miles) but the only thing that was really cold was my chin.

I too came from the cruiser world ('07 V-Star 1100) although I bought it in '06 and I've since put over 14,000 on it. This bike is for my wife to start riding on, and for me to commmute on occassionally.

Kent

Congratulations!

I'm in the far SW Suburbs of Chicago and I picked up my '07 Blue FZ6 yesterday as well! I'm wondering what dealer you got yours from, as my dealer had another blue and red one prepped and ready for pickup as well. It was Highlands Yamaha in Countryside for me. It was a pretty chilly ride back home (50+ miles) but the only thing that was really cold was my chin.

I too came from the cruiser world ('07 V-Star 1100) although I bought it in '06 and I've since put over 14,000 on it. This bike is for my wife to start riding on, and for me to commmute on occassionally.

Kent

Welcome, sounds like a good representation in the Chicago area coming into play this spring.

Congrats! I'm jealous....its 24 degrees in Boston which is too cold for me to ride, but if it truly gets to 37 I'll ride today.
Enjoy your neww bike. Looks great!
Dani

Can you get the bar risers for the 06 model? Where and how much? I feel like I need to sit up a little more. Thanks!! Nice bike to.

My SW-Motech risers will work on all FZ6's:

SWMototech - LEH.00.039.132
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, MZ, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - LEH.00.039.132

Hahahaha!!! So YOU were the guy who bought Bill's last 07 FZ6!!! Both myself and Gemini77 from SBN bought ours there yesterday, around noon - his red, mine blue. He came up from Champaign, IL, and I'm out in Bolingbrook, not terribly far from you. Gemini77 had gotten screwed over in a deal with ChicagoCycle, so called around to all Illinois dealerships, found Highlands, and reserved his bike then told me about it.

Bloody hell of a coincidence! That's hysterical!!!

Im glad to see that all 3 bike from Highlands Yamaha went to good homes!!!

My SW-Motech risers will work on all FZ6's:

SWMototech - LEH.00.039.132
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, MZ, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - LEH.00.039.132

Hahahaha!!! So YOU were the guy who bought Bill's last 07 FZ6!!! Both myself and Gemini77 from SBN bought ours there yesterday, around noon - his red, mine blue. He came up from Champaign, IL, and I'm out in Bolingbrook, not terribly far from you. Gemini77 had gotten screwed over in a deal with ChicagoCycle, so called around to all Illinois dealerships, found Highlands, and reserved his bike then told me about it.

Bloody hell of a coincidence! That's hysterical!!!

Back