cheap handlebar camera mount

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get a camera mount but I don't want to spend a lot for it.

I want actually the vacuum/suction one that can be installed on the windshield, but I couldn't find one.

I found this instead (for $13 including shipping):
DC+IG-B05: Motorcycle Bike Handlebar Mount for camera - eBay (item 230385041199 end time Jan-03-10 13:31:39 PST)

What do you think?
What is the diameter of my 2006 handlebar, is 1"?
Have anyone seen this in person, or used something similar?
How bad can it be?

Please advice.
Thanks.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The diameter of my bar is 22mm (.87 inches). Looks like it would work ok.
I made a cheap mount for my bars, it works, but get's a lot of vibration through it.

For $13, it's worth a look. Let us know how it goes if you get one.

:rockon:

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchase it.
I'll let you know how it works.

thank you for the handlebar diameter info.

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to say but it will vibrate excessively. For $30 you can get a tank camera mount which is so much better. Take it from experience I've already gone down that road.

I posted a homemade tank camera mount on the forum if it interests you. It cost me about $10-$15 to make. I built it after the handlebar mount I built caused to many vibes at high RPMs.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
the tank mounts wont allow you to use a tankbag though will it?? i have wanted to to a mount but i take my tank bag with me most of the time, so i think bar mount would be about all i could do.. (guess i will have to do it and see how the tiger vibes are)

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to say but it will vibrate excessively. For $30 you can get a tank camera mount which is so much better. Take it from experience I've already gone down that road.

I posted a homemade tank camera mount on the forum if it interests you. It cost me about $10-$15 to make. I built it after the handlebar mount I built caused to many vibes at high RPMs.

Another reason I got this camera mount, is that will work fine with my mountain bike - a lot of videos to shot there when going downhill :) !

But thanks for the vibration warning - I'll let you guys know how it works when I'll get it.

Cheers,
razteo

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to say but it will vibrate excessively.

It is horrible!!
I installed & try it today for the 1st time - is beyond bad, is terrible!
The videos are at moments unwatchable because of the vibration!

I know it was only $11, but I didn't know is going to vibrate so much.
I installed on the center of the handlebar where I was told is the best place w/ less vibration.

Is useless for motorcycle and I don't know if is going to work on my mountain bike - there is no engine vibration, but the bike shakes a lot from small jumps, stones, etc.

It sucks!!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is horrible!!
I installed & try it today for the 1st time - is beyond bad, is terrible!
The videos are at moments unwatchable because of the vibration!

I know it was only $11, but I didn't know is going to vibrate so much.
I installed on the center of the handlebar where I was told is the best place w/ less vibration.

Is useless for motorcycle and I don't know if is going to work on my mountain bike - there is no engine vibration, but the bike shakes a lot from small jumps, stones, etc.

It sucks!!

Sorry to hear that, but I suspected that would be the case after seeing Stumbles' mount vibrate.

For both mountain bike and FZ with a tank bag I reckon your best option would be helmet mounted.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For both mountain bike and FZ with a tank bag I reckon your best option would be helmet mounted.

I'm thinking to actually get the GoPro Motorsports HERO action camera for $199. I see it on many bikes.
It is waterproof/shockproof, it has a 3-way pivoting side arm assembly, comes with suction cup mount, flat or curved adhesive mounts (that's what many people I see using at the base of the windshield), horizontal surface "quick-release" buckles, vertical buckle - I mean a variety of mounts come with this tiny camera.

Plus is pretty cheap to buy extra mounts from them if you need more options.
But I can just put the suction cup mount on my windscreen in 5 second & I'm good to go.

Works fine with mountain bikes too.