Cheap Brake/clutch levers

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the pictures of my levers:

That is not a good colour! I was trying to work out why you'd buy levers in that manky colour before remembering you posted yours had faded! I'm totally going to keep mine under cover now!

Bad luck there. Have you contacted them about it? Could be just unlucky and you had a bad set that didn't anodize properly. Were your adjusters red when you got the levers JSpeed?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just noticed yesterday that mine are beginning to bronze as well. No big deal, I kinda like the bronze look.

If I decide to go back to black, I'll have them powdercoated locally.

I don't think that's gonna work out too well. Powdercoating adds a lot of thickness. There'll be lots of filing in your future.
This is another case of "we get what we pay for", but if the worst thing that's gonna happen to these levers is discoloration, I'll still be happy. Love the feel and look of mine.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I don't think that's gonna work out too well. Powdercoating adds a lot of thickness. There'll be lots of filing in your future.
This is another case of "we get what we pay for", but if the worst thing that's gonna happen to these levers is discoloration, I'll still be happy. Love the feel and look of mine.

powdercoating is like paint. you can mask off what you don't want painted and "boom... problem solved"

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been e-mailing moto-777 for a couple weeks now and they are selling FZ6 levers again! I just bought a set in blue, can't wait for them to arrive.

I emailed them and got a response earlier today. They can do the levers in blue, black, or pretty much any color I think. They can also do the adjusters in colors besides red. I'm thinking about getting blue levers with black adjusters, or black levers with blue adjusters. Leaning towards the black levers/blue adjusters in case the blue doesn't match the bike nicely. In that case, 1 small knob would be less noticeable than the whole lever.

I put some blue rim stripes on my bike. I love the look of them, but they don't match the Yamaha Purple/Blue very well and it's really bugging me. If anyone knows of a blue rim stripe that matches the Yamaha Blue color, please let me know!!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
They can also do the adjusters in colors besides red.

Crap, that was the whole reason I got the blue levers to begin with, i was under the impression that the black were only available with red adjusters. I actually don't want the levers to be galaxy blue, I want them the same color as the piston backs on my R6 calipers.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Crap, that was the whole reason I got the blue levers to begin with, i was under the impression that the black were only available with red adjusters. I actually don't want the levers to be galaxy blue, I want them the same colour as the piston backs on my R6 calipers.
I was told the were by my seller (a different one who seems to sell the same stuff). They have black adjusters on all the non-black levers. I asked if I could have the black adjusters on the black levers I ordered, but they said it couldn't be done.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I sent an email back to moto-777 requesting the black on black. I initially requested the black levers with blue adjusters. Moto-777's response was:

"For the adjuster, we just have red or black in color. but the handle bar (he meant lever), we can change in blue/black/gold...etc."

I'll let you know if he responds similarly to what Sanger heard: that they can't do black on black. If that's the case, I'll be going blue levers with black adjusters. I really don't want red adjusters on my blue bike. But I'm pretty certain the blue won't match the Yamaha blue very well, that's why I'm not planning on getting the blue levers unless I have to.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Were the levers from 777 shipped via postal service to your mailbox or UPS/Fed-ex? I need to know If I should give them my PO box address or my physical address?

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Got an email this morning saying they were shipped. I got the black on black and can't wait to get them in. But Moto-777 did warn me that it may take a while longer due to the volcano in Europe. He sent me a link describing shipping delays, but it only mentioned delays to European countries. Hopefully this has no effect on my package but I'm not too familiar with shipping routes.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
My levers came in on Friday and I was able to install them yesterday. I only got to do a quick 5 minute jaunt around the neighborhood with them on. First impressions are that they look much better than stock. I also like that they're shorter than stock, and they're adjustable. I'm not at all concerned with the mfg quality, they feel plenty sturdy to me. I didn't get any pictures, I'll be doing those soon hopefully for all of my new mods.

I would definitely buy these again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I bought mine from ebay user moto-777. The guy/company seem to be very concerned with pleasing their customers, and ask that if there are any problems, you give them a chance to rectify the situation before leaving negative feedback.

I ordered black levers with black adjusters, but received black levers with red adjusters. I contacted moto-777 a little bit ago to see what they can do. I kind of like the red, but it doesn't really fit with my blue bike. I'm waiting for a response from him.

skeezle

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has seen these moto-777 levers come back on ebay. Looks like it wasnt a few months ago and they had them. Seems like they have great price & great product. I see the HK helmat, and the Fire Dragon Brothers, but I haven't seen as good reviews of them.

Would anyone recomend going with the Fire Dragon Brothers if the moto-777 doesnt come back sometime soon?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
my first set came from fire dragon brothers and it was wrong. They didn't offer the lever that fit at that time so I received a full refund. The levers for our bikes are the same as 2009+ FZ6R and 2006+ FZ1.

If you find levers for either of those, they will fit.

skeezle

Reaction score
Visit site
That's interesting. I just searched Moto-777 listings and he does have FZ1 break and clutch lever. His are selling for $71 with shipping. I remember you saying you paid less than that.

Maybe I will shoot dragon brothers an email and see if they fixed the problem. theirs are $60 with shipping.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has seen these moto-777 levers come back on ebay. Looks like it wasnt a few months ago and they had them. Seems like they have great price & great product. I see the HK helmat, and the Fire Dragon Brothers, but I haven't seen as good reviews of them.

Would anyone recomend going with the Fire Dragon Brothers if the moto-777 doesnt come back sometime soon?
I'm pretty sure Helmet_NK and Moto777 are the same seller and their products are definitely the same. The manufacturing/anodizing process just isn't consistent and there is no real way of telling if they will fit perfectly or not! I'm quite fussy about the workings of my bike and I'm happy with mine from Helmet_HK after a bit of filing/sanding.

skeezle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes they all look like about the same product. I guess I will just order one of them and see how it goes. I won't mind a littl edjustment, as long as it workes in the end. I didnt like the post that someones started to turn goldish. That didnt seem too cool.