Cheap boots.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheap means $40 US, by the way. They're waterproof, and made by some company (Ridge) that sounds like they make law enforcement footwear mainly. Not sure if any LE types might have heard of them.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had three pairs of Ridge boots, for work.

All three pairs started to lose the soles within month. (the first pair lost its sole in the second week!)

Good luck, maybe I just got a bad batch - but they certainly aren't on MY shopping list now!

Cheers,
Rick

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch. Well, I just bought shoe goo for a pair of hiking boots with a case of sole-separation-itis. Perhaps I'll use it up sooner than expected?

Thanks for the info.!

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Let us know how they work out for you! I have been looking for a good, affordable pair of boots, or ones that have a lifetime guarantee!!!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I don't ride in the rain, so I have pair of Icon Super duty 2 boots. They aren't waterproof. They have 11,000 miles on them and are 4 years old and other than being a little dirty they still look like they did when they came out of the box.

These ones are waterproof. They are $130.00, One thing to think about... If you buy a good pair of boots you will have them for many years. I really don't think the words cheap and motorcycle boots belong in the same sentence. Even if you don't have the money right now it really doesn't take long to save enough for them. If you save a month for them it is only $32.50 a week to afford them before tax.....

Ride Icon - PATROL WATERPROOF BOOT

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of actual riding boots are available for about 100 bucks or a little more. I'm not gonna lie and tell you all I wear while I ride is riding boots cause I wear my issued boots a lot back and forth to work but if you are looking for a moto boot there are lots of options out there for not a lot of money such as the one posted above.

These look like a pair of sidezip duty boots they put the "Motorcycle" label on. They look solid from here but I've found police duty boots to be quick wearing on the soles. I have a pair of bates side zips that I wear in civilian clothes that had the sole start separating from the rest of the boot. Superglue fixed it right up but it's not something I should have to deal with.

Cycle Gear - Street Gear

The buckles on the ICON boots actually do serve a purpose. Incase the laces fail you have a backup system to retain the boots. It is possible for the boot laces to come in contact with the ground and wear though and then your boot comes loose. If you watch crash vids on youtube usually the first piece of gear that comes flying off is footwear.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I like those ICON boots. Problem i have is no one local carries ICON so I can't try them on. I actually have two pairs of riding boots, one I like and one I don't, will be for sale here soon. SIDI something's. Nearly unworn. They were expensive. My favorite pair is a plain pair of work boot style boots that zip that were marketed as motorcycle boots. The leather is very well broken in now and I'm concerned about how much protection they offer as a result. I like the ankle armor on the SIDIs but the rest of the boot feels too thin to me. And they're about a half size big. So I'll try these and if they don't work I may try the ICONs. I'll let you guys know how the Ridge boots are.