Changing speedo reading from KPH to MPH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you do the time change? I haven't yet and it reads an hour out

You could take it to the dealer. Well they changed mine for me. It was being serviced so perhaps its on the checklist...

1. change plugs
2. change oil
3. set time
4. balance throttle bodies

:D:D

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I did, after changing from mph to kph about 15 times first! Seems bonemans getting a bit grumpy with a few people recently. Must be the arctic chill up there in canada....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did, after changing from mph to kph about 15 times first! Seems bonemans getting a bit grumpy with a few people recently. Must be the arctic chill up there in canada....
Mate its no your fault its cold. Besides if no one posted numb questions; what would we bitch about.
Anyone know what that silver thing hanging of my fob is? lol

Last edited:
B

bluenova

Tried on my European model and it doesn't work. Seems it's only the ones that come with mph as standard that can change. Very Stupid! This means that when I go riding in the UK (I'm English) I'll have to stick with kmh. Maybe I can get a garage in the UK to change the firmware.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com

yeah he fashions himself to be a hardazz.... pffft. :Flip:

he thinks he is in the ":Flip:eek:ther" forum --- by his avitar maybe he is just constipated or simply full of it:Flash:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried on my European model and it doesn't work. Seems it's only the ones that come with mph as standard that can change. Very Stupid! This means that when I go riding in the UK (I'm English) I'll have to stick with kmh. Maybe I can get a garage in the UK to change the firmware.
Check with scorphobic, he has to ride in both KPH and MPH. if he got his FZ6 in the Republic of Ireland they aare in KPH.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Tee hee hee. I can't see the point in anyone getting pissed (American usage of the word) with anyone on this forum. It's all very laidback with a light sprinkling of piss taking (English use of the word). As you so eloquently say pffft :Flip: to grumpy sods

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Lol...

You all think just because I vocalize my dissagreement or anoyance with something that I am grumpy and pissed off all the time? Come on. I just personally draw the line at people not even trying to help themselves first that's all. Sure there are noob questions, but there are also just down right stuipd/lazy questions too.

You're all reading too way much into some of my posts. Most of the time I'm trying to be sarcastic...but that dosen't seem to translate very well on forums.

You guys then run with it and make a mountian out of a mole hill. What kills me is you guys are the ones who take a post(s) OT with your comments about me, but then I'm the one who gets railed about "ruining someones thread" when I post my response?!?!? Still trying to figure that one out.... Then true to form and following classic and predictable forum protocol, you then start in on hacking my avatar pic, country of origin and signature. Bravo. Well done. So in keeping true to your form, I should expect the spelling and garmmar police to show up next....

So from now on, just PM or email me if you seem to have an issue with my Avatar, signature, country, attitude, height, weight, hair color, shoe size, spelling, grammar or anything else your little knitting club wants to go on about.

Mike - it's too bad that my signature line seems to hurt you so bad but to be totally honest, you're the first person to have something negative to say about it. Untill now, people have seen the humor in it (including American's).

buggerlugs - thanks for the typical generalization of Canada being frozen tundra no matter where you go in the country becasue as you know we all live in igloos and take dog sleds to work. It's actually quite warm and rainy right now. We did have about 1cm of snow on Dec 1st and that will probably be all the snow we see for the winter here in Victoria.

I have no problem helping people and fellow FZ6ers. In fact I enjoy it which is why I made my FZ6 web site and modification write ups so others could bennift from them. I'm always amazed at how quickly some people forget all the helpfull advice, posts and time I've spent helping others. But I guess it's just like playing in goal where you're only as good as your last save.

I will try to re-think and re-word my future posts in order to try and not "offend" fellow posters. Perhaps I should also cut down on listening to Adam Carolla everyday!

Last edited:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't fret Boneman. Canada is one of my top three places outside of England. And you may have seen elsewhere I have slagged my home country off plenty. It's a national tradition. The direct opposite of Americans who are very patriotic which is where, I think, you may have touched a nerve.

This is the first forum I have ever properly used and I think it's great; people the world over chatting away about bikes and other daft stuff. Everyone seems to have common interests and generally, a sense of humour.

So let's crack open a tinny and take the ****erbus (see previous post) down chill highway:Flash::Flash::Flash:

Status
Not open for further replies.