Changing speedo reading from KPH to MPH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I'm sure that someone mentioned a while back a button-pushing sequence that would change the speedometer reading on my 06 FZ6 from KPH to MPH and back again quite easily....How do I do that again? :confused:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys must be talking about the pre 2007 dash....

Pre-2007
watermark.php

2007-Present
watermark.php

P.S., I have a 2007, I tried my "select" button way back and it didn't work...:(

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
the select one is the correct button to use on a 07. I use it all the time going from the north of ireland to the republic of ireland...north is miles, republic is kilometers!

Just hold the select button in for a few seconds and it will switch over.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
The CDN 07 bikes don't seem to be switchable between KM and Miles - booooo

Please fellow Canadians, correct me if I'm wrong...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it will, select the RPM mode then hold down both buttons for about 3 seconds:Sport:

On my last ride I met one of my friends in Salisbury for a day trip. When I got there I decided to fix my clock for the time change and at some point in my messing with buttons I got mine to go to km/h. I didn't realize it at the time so at one point I looked down and I saw 100, and was like WTF! Then I realized what had happened.

Yea, bad story I know. I figured I would share though

-bryan

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it will, select the RPM mode then hold down both buttons for about 3 seconds:Sport:

My bike's tucked away for the season, but I'll try this anyhow...thanks!
Oh, I see morrobaybum says just the top button. I'll try both and see what happens. :)
I just hope I don't accidentally initiate a self-destruct sequence... :p

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you do the time change? I haven't yet and it reads an hour out

to set clock:

push select and rest buttons togeather for 2 secs.
When it flashes pres reset to change hours.
Press select to get the minutes flashing.
press reset to change minutes.
Press select to finish.

Neil:rtfm: I couldn't help that one.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I know I know I know. I just haven't been bothered too yet. I remember to do it when I'm nowhere near home then forget when i park the bike up

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs

Quote Boneman: Oh for f*ck sakes dude.....

Try reading that little book that comes with your bike called the Owners Manual. Lots of neat stuff in there.
quote Lugs: Yeah I know I know I know. I just haven't been bothered too yet. I remember to do it when I'm nowhere near home then forget when i park the bike up

Quote: I love it when someone pretends to get offended then the person who thought they'd offended that person apologises. Lol! Or maybe I'm being insensitive and Neil really did cause massive offence. Hey, do engineers really get pushed down the stairs and spat at in the states? Hahahaha

Touche

Neil

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Who's pretending to be offended? (ok not really offended...more like slightly annoyed)

I don't mind helping fellow riders with hard to solve issues, mods or investigating different ways of doing stuff with our bikes. However, it annoys the crap out of me when ppl are just too damn lazy to open their owners manual in order to answer their own questions before wasting all our time. The funny/sad thing is that 9 out of 10 times, the person asking said retarded question could have answered their own question in half the time it took to post it up on the forum!!! Either that or a 30 second Google search would also yeild the results they are seeking.

So come on ppl, do you have to be spoon fed EVERYTHING?? A little exercise for your brain once in a while might do you some good. What's next..."Hey guys, what's this key thing for and how do I start my bike??"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.