changing my lower fairing...

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
been a while since ive been on, but a few months ago a dropped my bike, and a few places need to be repainted and i was thinking about goin back with the full kit made for it. has anybody on here bought one? the one from yamaha is like 800 and i looked at the one from wild hair acc that is like 350 but it doesnt show a full pic, does anybody have that one? i like the way mine is but i cant figure out how to join it to my upper without it bending in when i tighten the screws an then you can see it pulled it, the only thing i dont like about the other is that it doesnt go all the way to the rear wheel, but any info would help, thanks.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics: Seriously mate tricky to help without a bit more info or a link to the other fairing.

Neil:thumbup:

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked up the wild hair acc one and it's just a dealer for powerbronze fairings. you should be able to find a decent amount of pictures of bikes with them installed

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the pic, i found some yesterday and they look good but i jus dont like how it doesnt go all the way to the back tire. i talked to a guy yesterday about either bondoing or fiberglassing mine where the two peices meet so i dont have to bolt it together but that poses a prob if i have to get to the engine, id have to take the whole upper off, so i really dont know what ima do.

FazrDan

Reaction score
Visit site
Another problem is the Frame Sliders. The fairings cover those holes. I'll eventually drill a hole through the fairings to mount. Don't like not having frame sliders.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Another problem is the Frame Sliders. The fairings cover those holes. I'll eventually drill a hole through the fairings to mount. Don't like not having frame sliders.

Yeah that blows especially because the frame sliders aren't protecting that much plastic on a stock bike...

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Powerbronze lowers last year and absolutely love them. Plenty of sticker kits to dress them up to. Can't beat 300$.

Looks great! Question about the wheel tape you used. The kits I have seen are narrower and not as attention-getting as what I see on your bike. What did you use?