changing fork springs but not oil.

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
if im changing my fork springs do i have to change my oil or can i forgo it and change the oil later? is there any bad i would be doing by not changing it?

ps go bruins!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if im changing my fork springs do i have to change my oil or can i forgo it and change the oil later? is there any bad i would be doing by not changing it?

ps go bruins!
Your halfway to doing the job with the springs. You may as well just go the whole hog and do a tidy job.

Neil

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 to what Nelly said, you've gone to the work of getting to the springs so pop for another $20 or so and put fresh oil in. I guarantee you'll feel the difference. :thumbup:

Oh, and GO BRUINS! (from a SoCal ex-patriot)

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Plus if you changed the springs without changing the oil you would have less oil once you put the new springs in as the old ones wil take some with them.

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its been an eventful day went to local cycle gear got my fork oil and then headed to harbor freight and got an oil pump siphon.

Got home tossed the bike on the center stand with two huge rubber rafts and a 35lb weight and went to town! Took out the old spacer, spring and pumped all the old oil out which was milky cloud gray ( is that a color? ) New oil 400ml 10w , spring, washer, spacer cut to 7 then 6 3/4 im now staying at 6.5 which is a little harsh i may end up cutting it more but for now its best darn mod for the money ever!

Feels like its My bike now! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::rockon:

Thanks for the push too everyone who chimed in. :beer: