Chain Links

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site
Sup forum, gonna change the chain and sprockets tomorrow. Im going with a 16t front and 43t rear setup. Would any of you know the exact number of links the change has to be, it is a shorter setup. Also does anyone know the torque spec on the front sprocket.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sup forum, gonna change the chain and sprockets tomorrow. Im going with a 16t front and 43t rear setup. Would any of you know the exact number of links the change has to be, it is a shorter setup. Also does anyone know the torque spec on the front sprocket.

The stock chain is 118 links. IMHO, I'd put the sprockets on and cut off what you don't need.

The front sprocket nut is 65ft lbs for your year bike....

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Any reason your going -3 in the back as opposed to going +1 in the front? It would be nearly the same overall gear ratio and you would easily be able to swap out sprockets back to your stock one if you didn't like the high powerband you'll get with the taller gearing. And when I switched to a 17T front sprocket, I used a 118 link chain and haven't had any issues yet.
The nearly 100% accurate speedo is a nice bonus as well.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Any reason your going -3 in the back as opposed to going +1 in the front? It would be nearly the same overall gear ratio and you would easily be able to swap out sprockets back to your stock one if you didn't like the high powerband you'll get with the taller gearing. And when I switched to a 17T front sprocket, I used a 118 link chain and haven't had any issues yet.

+1 on the above...

Besides all the above being true, the larger front sprocket is a little easier on your chain as the diameter is larger.

And as posted above, you can go back to stock gearing MUCH EASIER...

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah the place I bought it from was able to do a packaged deal with 43t in a black sprocket from vortex, the guy didnt have a one with 46t in black.